Monday, December 6, 2010

Family Reunion "are we having fun yet?"

I couldn't resist putting that first, we were getting ready for our family pics. Isn't it crazy the faces we make when we aren't posing!? There are more fun ones below!

Wow! I think I say this alot, but it has been way too long since I blogged! I was so busy trying to get ready for the reunion, WW's new program and other things in my life that time just slipped away.

I had a blast at the reunion. I learned a few things, first just because it is warmer at Lizzie's, doesn't mean it is great traveling weather for the rest of us. We personally were very blessed, we missed all the bad weather. There was a little concern at Megan's, but we sailed out so early that we missed it and beat the weather heading south.

As I said we stopped first at Megan's. It was good to see Greg as we don't see him much. It's always good to see Scarlet, and Megan also. Meg did my hair, I feel like a human being again, and a much "younger one"! :-)

I also learned that cooking crafts need to be simpler. I did something very fun, but it took too long. I loved it and don't regret it. It gave me some one on one time but it took the better part of two days. Considering that the reunion was only 3 and a half days that wasn't such a good idea. But the kids loved them. Here are a few picks below. For some reason I didn't get Ruby. Oh I know why hers got wrapped up for traveling before I got out the camera. I didn't think about how if I focused on the person the cookies would be blurry! So some you are blurry, some you can see! Beautiful Aliese! Miles always has this crazy Pirate smile pose for the camera! I wonder when he will stop? Beautiful Anna!Making snow!Beautiful Gracie!Last but not least, handsome Tanner!

We went to Tangled, I LOVED IT!!! It is the best Disney Show in years. The lead girl was a girl, she didn't have size double "D" augmented breasts. She didn't show the little cleavage she had and it didn't have any adult inuendos! Did I say I LOVED IT!! I will buy it as soon as it comes out. All the girls and the kids went to it while the guys shot guns. It was so cool and cute to look down the row and see all 14 of us together! I bought 4 of the big popcorns. They told me they could give me boxes to divide them all up. Then after I paid they reminded me I could get free refills! I thought that was a little sneaky! So I immediately got two more refills and filled up the boxes more! Danielle, Amy and Alies and I went to save the seats, so when everyone got there, there was a box of popcorn on their seats, how fun was that!

The women all went to a spa. It was a blast and relaxing at the same time. A very old lady did water yoga/tai chi or something like that. It was really relaxing in some ways and in other ways I had a hard time not laughing. I was a good girl though and didn't laugh. We were actually good in the relaxation room. If it had been more private, I fear I wouldn't have been very relaxed. We then had a private room where we painted each other with healing muds. It was really fun. Mostly it was just great to have girl time with all my daughters and Lyndsey. I loved it.

Of course we ate, and ate and ate.

It wasn't as warm as usual so I didn't go swimming, plus I was rather occupied with cookies, but others went swimming.

Steve, Me, Amy, Mike, Clay and Danielle stayed at their friends house. It was huge! It was really nice to have our own bathroom and place to crash.

Rebecca's fiance Steve wrote a song with Anna. Amy begged them to sing it for the whole family. It was really beautiful. I was so impressed that Steve would do that for her and for us. We definitely gave him a taste of the family he is getting into! We all loved him and can't wait for Rebecca and him to get married. Plus it will be another excuse to get together!

Well, the last thing of course, family pics! I had to post them all it will bring great joy to you all! Well, we thought we were ready-maybe not!Checking the camera!
Still checking the cameraEveryone ready but me! Yea!
Last but not least my favorite
We had to include Greg who sadly couldn't be with us.Some Sibling pics!Maybe I'm predjudice, but that is one gool looking group!!I would swear I straightened this pic! Steve and I with the Grandkids!!! All 9 of them!
I didn't have time to touch up the family pics, I know everyone was anxious to see them, I will correct the color and then post them on Costco. Hope you are all well! Love you all!!!

9 comments:

Kristi M. said...

Boy is Miles smile the best. I've never seen a little kid smile like that. So cute! I just love the unexpected family pictures. Now I wonder what I look like just standing around. Really funny to see what people were doing. It looked like quite a feat but you guys did it and got some great pictures.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

HAHHHAHAAH thankyou so much for posting ALL of them, because I laughed my head off. We looked so funny when we were just standing around- so serious looking- love it. And miles and his pirate face- so funny. And Gracie crying in the grandparent one, and Kate crying in the family one- haha- I love all of it. thankyou so much for posting them!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, somehow I completely missed your last post, that was over a month ago! Sorry! My life must have been crazy that week! I'm so glad you put up all the pics! It was so funny!

Carin said...

Sharon, those are beautiful and fabulous!!! What great fun!! I cannot wait to have similar family reunion/photos with all of our family as we reach that point!! It is so fun to watch them grow! Lots of love....and sooooooo happy for Rebecca!! Amy is absolutely gorgeous, Meagan looks great for just having a baby! Lizzy...always a crackup and love her blog. And Daniel and Clay look great too. And I love Jacob's little ones :-) What a fun family!! Good job to the both of you! Love you Steve!

Danielle said...

hahahha- those pics are hilarious. Love them. Love you!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Wow you have such a beautiful family. :) It is so fun to see how much everyone has/hasn't changed.

Aliese is growing into a stunningly beautiful young woman. Good genes. :)

Aliese the Writer said...

I love all the pictures. Miles smile and everything. The 'fixing the camera' pictures are hilarious! Some of the faces people are making are just so funny. I'm glad you posted all of them instead of just the best ones. I don't know if Kate was smiling in a single one. Poor her. She must have been tired. We all were by the end. Ruby and Miles were real trooper to smile in their family pictures afterwards. They look so happy in theirs. I love you so much. Thank you for posting. Do it more often. :)

Aliese the Writer said...

I really love these pictures, but I'm ready to hear about how your Christmas is going! I love you! :)

Cannon's said...

What an amazing family you have. I loved being able to see all of the cousins. It's been so long since the last time we were all together. I got some good laughs out of some of the pics. Thanks for sharing. Love you!