Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve at My Mom and Dads

Steve and I went to the valley today to spend the morning and afternoon with my parents. We had such a wonderful time. It was very peaceful and sweet. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Steve dropped me off to go and check out our properties. I visited with my Dad and Mom and helped my Mom get dinner ready. Steve came back, we ate a delicious New York cut Roast. As Steve put it "after being married to me for 35 years he would never question my mom and beef". If there is something I don't know it is beef. But my mom really knows how to cook it. We ate the roast, salad, rolls, and baked potatoes. We then opened presents. It was fun, I was very excited to give my parents their presents. It's fun to give presents you know someone will love and that you acually thought about. We gave dad the dvd of Les mis and the CD. I know it will become his new love, besides mom of course!!Mom opening her present

she was totally not expecting this, she saw it at Deseret book and fell in love with it, I bought it for myself. I didn't feel like it was mine, about a month ago I realized it was moms. She loved it!Mom is making an amazing quilt she is giving to me for Christmas, but it isn't done yet. I wasn't expecting a present, and she cheated and gave me several really nice things. Even though the pic below is not flattering of me at all, I had to include it becuase of my dad, he purposely stuck his head in like a little kid would, we all bust out laughing even before we knew how funny it would look.She gave Steve his favorite, Rocky Road Candy! My dad wanted a pic with Steve, I can't say they were very photogenic here! The ones below are much better!We then ate some amazing cheesecake, and some apple crisp or strudel or whatever it was it was delish! Then we said our goodbyes came home and watched the best movie. I highly recommend it, it is based on a true story, "Something the Lord Made". We got it from Netflix, what would we all do without Netflix!? Well, I am tired, hope you all had a great day.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

CUTE PICS! I love you so much! Looks like so much fun!

Lizzie said...

Thanks for posting these. I miss them. Looking at these makes me realize how long it's been since I've been up to visit. I miss you guys. Love you.

also, great pictures of the cookies. love them.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I laughed when I saw the one of Grandpa poking his head through in that one picture-soo funny!!! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of him by himself laughing- it totally looks like him, and I think I will even frame it. I had to laugh when I saw the one of you and grandma because you guys were twinners, wearing the same sweater (almost). It sounded and looked like a wonderful time- I'm so glad you guys were able to make it down there. Love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you and thanks for posting the pictures, we had a great time with you guys. I haven't been able to comment because the password got messed up somehow. Hope all is well we had a good visit with Rebecca and her Steve. Then Megan and Greg came and brought the cute little Scarlet to see us, what a wonderful Christmas present. Hugs

Aliese the Writer said...

That sounds fun. Thanks for the pics. I love you! :)

Penny Cluff said...

Sharon, I so enjoy your last few posts. The pic of you and your mom is priceless. You are so smart to get lots of pictures with them now. After Walt's mom passed, I realized how few pictures we had of her. What is sad is that most of the get togethers were at her house. I enjoyed the photo tour of your house at Christmas. It looked like beautiful displays in Better Homes & Garden. Wow. All great, but my favorites were the kissing snowmen, the mantle, and the stair swags. Hope you got my e card I sent and Happy After Holidays. Love you.