Friday, October 26, 2012

Wind at my Back


I did my DVD's today for the first time in about a month.  That means Sunday I will be hardly able to walk.  The second day always fools you into thinking you are in good shape, the third day is when you know what kind of shape you are in.  I can feel my gluts though.  It was a lower body routine.  They say that, but you also use hand weights so my back will be sore too!  I'm thinking even my stomach.  About half way through I am looking at the minutes left  of the video and I think, you have got to be kidding me, I am only half way through.  Then when we are doing a killer exercise she will say "I love this one, I do it every day, that's why I include it."  I want to reach through the screen and strangle her.  But by the time I'm done, I feel so empowered, and buff.  I put on my sweatshirt and grab my phone (its my timer and camera) and out the door I go.  I love it, I feel like someone has just cleaned out my brain and I love my Heavenly Father and the Savoir  soooo much.  It is a great feeling.  Well today it was windy and I knew it could start raining, but I am "macho woman" so I can handle it!  I go down my street to the beach access, the one with the stairs and I  hit the beach.  The wind is blowing at my back.  "Wind at my back" takes on a whole new meaning.  I am literally being pushed down the beach.  Now having been raised in Oregon and have been on the beach as far back as I can remember, I know that when I turn around to go back home it is not going to be easy.  But I'm tough, I can do it.  Well my phone goes off and tells me it's time to turn around.  I turn around and MAN!!! I have now gone from a moderate walk to an intensive walk.  I have to pass our path to get down to where I started and it is all I can do to not go up the path.  But I finally make it to the steps, up the small hill and finally relief, hardly any wind and a nice gentle up and down street to my house.  1st pic the moving sand, second the wind behind me, the last one, facing the wind.  My hair is not wet, the wind is just making it look that way.  My face is very accurate as to how I am feeling.

It was a great day.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love this post! You are a strong woman and I love days when I feel like that. I miss the ocean and wish I could walk on the beach!!! I love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I miss the days when I was able to run, and walk on a windy beach and when I was your age I was able to do a lot more, than now. Sad but true, we grow older and our bodies balk at our wants. I can't believe I am as old as I am getting. I hope you have a great dinner, I love that place, lucky you and you are strong and have lots of stamina like your daddy. He always bowed his head and said I can do this. Love you so much and have a wonderful b-day

AMY AND MIKEY said...

hahahha i love those pics. you are wonder woman- i can't believe you walked in that! it was always a little creepy to me to walk when it was that windy. I always felt like something dangerous was going to happen. i love you!