Sunday, October 28, 2012

Flipped

 
I have learned over the years that if one of my children is very interested in something I have to investigate, read or watch it.  Now it has moved to a new generation- my grand-kids.  I noticed my mom is like this also :-)  Aliese, Anna and Gracie were so in love with the movie Flipped, I had to see what all the fuss was about.  Now I will probably have to read the book also.  I purposely watched the movie first, because they are never as good as the book.  I loved the movie!  It was so cute and if you were looking, insightful.  Mom, you and dad would LOVE it if you haven't seen it, I saw it on Amazon, so I bet it is on Netflix.
Today was a good day as all Sundays are, this week was more relaxing than last week. Last week  was our program
 It turned out really well, we got lots of meaningful comments.  I don't know if that is because it really was exceptional, or if it's because we have older people who are more thoughtful, but anyway it was a wonderful experience.  We had every child participate, one of the blessings of a branch.  All of our seniors gave talks and our juniors said a sentence.  Even our two autistic boys read a sentence.  It was great!
One day in Primary I found out at the last second our nursery leader wasn't' going to be there, I looked at Steve and said I need you, find another man to help you.  Is this not about the cutest thing you have ever seen!?
 I'm excited for tomorrow and the next day, I am hoping to read a lot.  I am going to buy some fun magazines, and read my library book, the "Happiness Project".  So far I am loving it.
 I am also going to take a novel I bought from Deseret Book.  Dean Hughes latest. I just got done reading a book about Cambodia. If you need to get a grip on reality and how blessed we are read it. It's called the Rent Collector.   It is not the easiest read (it is sad, not recommended for Amy or Rebecca) but is very thought provoking, eye opening and again, makes you put life in its true perspective.  I am trying to read more again.  I am excited for "Time Out for Women"!!  I am going with my Mom, Judy, my cousin and a friend of moms.  There is nothing like going to "Time Out"  with family and loved ones. I am very excited!!  Well, hope you are all well.  If you haven't been reading my blog, I have recommitted, there are 3 blogs below this one, they aren't very long.  Love you all!!

4 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I am SO glad you are blogging again. I will have to check out Flipped. And I also want to check out the Happiness project. I feel like it's affected danielle so much, so i really want to read it. thanks for the warning on the other book. Dad said that the primary program you did was the BEST he had ever attended. We talked on the phone the other day, and that is a direct quote from him. love you-

Danielle said...

I am loving all your blogs! I loved that movie. I actually watched it like a year ago probably? It was so cute. I should read that book. I have too many on my list though. I really want to read children of the promise still. I was going to borrow those when I visited and forgot! Love you!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

We loved that movie, and I have been thinking about reading the book. I am loving the blogs and I am looking for an exciting week-end. Love you

aber said...

I love love LOVE Flipped!!! SUCH a cute movie. I can't wait to read it either. :) So happy you are blogging again. Cambodia. Ugh. Makes my stomach turn. :( Don't think I'll be reading The Rent Collector.