Saturday, November 17, 2012

Breakfast and Misc Pics

I was exercising on my elliptical this morning and was watching Chef Brad do his Thanksgiving Special from last year, when it popped in my head that I didn't have any cooked grains in my pressure cooker or my fridge. I have had eggs the last two days.   Now years ago if you had asked me my favorite breakfast, I probably would have said eggs and toast or a scone.  Now I still love those, but when I think of breakfast now days I think of whole grains.  I have my favorites- spelt, Kumut, farro, oat groats.  But I make all kinds. I feel like I am treating my body to the healthiest thing I can eat.  So after exercising and being entertained and reminded of how to cook a Turkey the Chef Brad way, I went upstairs sad about breakfast.  Then I thought there has got to be a grain that cooks fast.  By now I am very hungry.  I look on my chart and the first one-Amaranth!  So I made some amaranth.  Now I don't know if it's up there on the top of my list, but it is definitely a good one.  I added mixed berries, my flax, which I have to say after several days without my ground flax I felt all warm and fuzzy when I got it out of the cupboard to grind it up, organic brown sugar, coconut oil and ah... as Chef Brad would say, "perfection!"   I am a happy girl!

This is a tea pot that Rebecca's family got me for my b-day.

 When Rebecca and the girls gave me this I thought it was so beautiful, but I was so tired from babysitting that it didn't occur to me the connection of Alice and the " tea party".  I had to laugh at myself that it took me so long to connect the two of it being a tea party scene and I would be using it for the tea parties!
This year I went to a party with some WW friends on Halloween .
 Last but not least, I had to blog these, my mom made them for me for my b-day!  Fun Fun!!
 
 Well, I need to get busy, so I will post the other presents another day.  Love you all!!!

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Love your gyspy outfit. So fun! I'm glad you went to a party! That sounds fun!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am going to have to tune in to the chef Brad show and check it out. I am so happy you are blogging again and that you eat so healthy. You will live to be in your late ninties like grandma Grace. Thanks for the posting of my napkins I really love that fabric. Love you

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha i never thought about it- (grandma's comment) but- she's right- you'll be like grandma grace and live forever. well now that i have been introduced to chef brad I am excited to keep watching and learn more wonderful things to make, especially grains. I love yoru gypsy outfit- so fun and so cute! that tea pot is to die for! so cute! and i bet i would have done the same thing- i feel like we're the same in this department- so many times obvious things don't click until later. so so so cute. you're really gonna have to figure something out with the next house and your tea sets. I still think you should do the desk by the stair well and a cute hutch in the dining room, it's the perfect spot for it and it would be so cute. love you-

Chad and Jessica said...

Thanks so much for introducing my to Chef Brad. I'm so excited to learn about grains!!! Yay! Great to hear an update!

Danielle said...

You are so great always eating grains. I need to do that. I used to always have quinoa on hand and eat it each morning but got away from that. Your costume looks great! Love you

Aliese the Writer said...

Ha! That's funny that you didn't make the Alice connection. :) We went through a Chef Brad faze. I loved it. What was the word? Beautiful? Doesn't he always say it looks beautiful. I thought that was funny. Love your costume. Love the napkins! They were napkins right? I totally forgot. Wow. Anyway, love you!