Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving

Since Danielle is all grown up and not around to talk me into buying fun holiday things, I have to go around and open my eyes for a change and talk myself into to buying fun holiday things.  I couldn't resist these two.

The holiday season is going to be different this year.  No chillins and grandbabies.  For Thanksgiving we are having my parents and two of my cousins that I have only met one other time.  One is married and has a 10 year old girl, the other is single.  They are 2 of my Aunt Leona's children.  It should be nice.  I am making all the food and my mom is making all the treats.  Which means we will be doing about the same number of things :-).

I won't be decorating much this year as we are moving back to our "beloved" as Steve would say, Idaho Street home!  Yay!!!  So since I like to decorate big, and that takes a week at least and then a few days taking it all down, I won't be decorating much.  I think maybe the tree and a Santa... or maybe 2?  It will be hard for me, but I have lots to do.  I want to go through every drawer, cupboard, and closet so we don't take what won't fit as well as what we don't need!  I am actually excited about that.  I also am going to paint my sewing room down there before we move and a few other odds and ends.  I have primary to do also and of course everyday life, soooo busy busy busy!  Because of that I think with the exception of Scarlet I will be sending everyone a check for Christmas this year.  Well, that's all for today!  Love you all!! 

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Cute decorations! That will be SO hard for christmas to not decorate that much! It's worth it though- to move back! YAY! haha the treats for thanksgiving...I am making 3 pies and Patty is making one and there will be 13 people (4 of those children) and Paul was like...4 pies for 13 people? And Clay said, oh gosh if we were at her house it'd be 8 pies for 8 people. People don't realize the treats are just as important as the food. Anyway, I am honestly quite worried there wont be enough pie...but I'm sure it'll be fine :) Love you!!!

Carin said...

OH Danielle, I just have to tell you....my teenaged boys were reading over my shoulder as we read your comments. They laughed out loud at your pie comments and both of them want to be at YOUR house for Thanksgiving so they can have a pie all to themselves! Guess the boys will just have to be happy having one piece of our one pie! They have no idea what a holiday with your Grandma would be like :-) Love you both! Have a great Thanksgiving Sharon! And give your mom and dad a giant hug for me!! And Leona's kids too!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love the turkeys, they are so cute. I think it is funny, the treat thing, and I am about to make some almond roca tonight. Dad doesn't seem to be coming in so maybe I will do it. I made a chocolate cheesecake today and pecan pie and apple pie for tomorrow. I will make fudge, maybe that is what I will make tonight, as it is faster and roca tomorrow. Have the cranberry sauce all done now since Sun and I made some rocky road. We will see what else I can scare up. I sent Ed Jr the parker house roll recipe today, we'll see how well he can do them. Love you

AMY AND MIKEY said...

haha danielle's comment. mom your turkeys are so cute. I'm so excited for yout o move back! i wish i could coem over and help you declutter, and get rid of stuff and organize. what color are you painting your sewing room? love you!!! and it will be hard not to decorate, but i'm glad you're atlteast doing a tree. love you