Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Dinner/ Jakes show


Well, today I felt the need for lots of veggies and not a lot of work. So I grabbed my new basket that I got from the decorations left over at our new beach house rental, and went out to harvest some veggies from Sharon's Farmers Market. I picked just enough for dinner, plus a little.

I picked a cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, herbs, shallots, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, and a large yellow pepper. I included a pic of the pepper by a Book of Mormon so you could get an idea of how big the pepper really is.

I cooked up some chicken added all the veggies, and some of my delicious new basil infused olive oil. Made some pasta, grated some Parmesan and voila, nummy dinner!!

It's a gorgeous day, I have a headache, am going to lay on the sand after I get done watching the Firm on TV.

We went to Jake's show last night at a Jazz Club. It was actually part of North by Northwest Festival. The club was really nice, the sound was fabulous, and they had a real baby grand on stage to play. The band was in top form, I couldn't have enjoyed it more. There is something about watching one of your children do something they love extremely well. I had a smile on my face all night. Sometimes I have to giggle with true joy, he is so much fun to watch. I wish you could all see him. The club was full of people of all ages, and they all loved it. We sat by a couple about in their late 30's, early 40's that loved them. Jake came over to us after and when he left she said she could tell he was our son, because he looked like me, that is a first, she said it was our smiles.

It was fun walking around Portland. It reminded us of Greenwich Village in Manhattan because the buildings were older and shorter than downtown New York. It was fun to relive that. I am like Danielle I think I love Portland. Steve was talking about a client that bought a condo in Portland, he thought that was weird. I told him I could totally understand. I would love a condo in Portland. I miss having a place to run away for a few days. I know I sound ungrateful, but I love the "energy". Danielle and Lizzie will understand that phrase. Anyway love you all!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

haha yes, I understand that phrase. It's interesting- I love small towns, mostly because of the energy- but I LOVED Portland! Hated traffic though. I like walking around and looking at cool places. But I also like being able to walk wherever I need to go from my house. That pepper was huge! I'm glad Jakes show was good and that there were lots of people there. I bet that was really good for them. I wish I could've been there. I love you! I loved your blog too:)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

cool. the veggies look so good.

Emily said...

Wow those veggies looked awesome! Good for you!
I'm glad you had fun at Jake's show too, I bet it would be a blast. I bet it's the best feeling watching other people ooh and aah over one of your talented children. That's really cool.

Lizzie said...

I'm looking forward to eating those vegetables when I come up. Tell Dad to start prepping the crab rings...I'm also expecting my grand fisherman of a father to catch me some crabs. I think Tanner will LOVE to see the live crabs before they're boiled.

Megan and Greg said...

What is ungrateful about loving "energy?" I can't believe your garden and life. I'm so jealous