Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beach house finally rented!!!

It is way too late, but I don't have to get up early for the first time in a loooooonnnnnnggggggg time. So I think I will blog.

We have worked our little fannies off for the last week and several hours and days in the past, to get our new vacation rental up and ready to go. And as is our nature, we were still there when the renters arrived. We were basically done, but had last minute things that popped up at the last minute that we didn't know were going to be a problem. Example, the TV we purchased with the house in the downstairs apartment was too old to hook up the normal way. So today I had to go to Radio Shack and buy a special attachment to make it work. Then after Weight watchers, I had to run up to the rental to put on the attachment and do last minute touch ups. Well I get there and the attachment needs to be plugged in , which means I now need to go back to Walmart and get something to make more than two plugs, I now need 3 plugs. I get everything else done so that all I have to do is plug everything in. So when they got there the house was clean. Steve had to wait for them to arrive because the key place we use was closed today, so he had to give them a key. I had to get cookie sheets because I forgot them. Anyway you get the picture. Then after we get home, and are finally vegging, Steve says to me that we forgot the curtains on the French doors that lead out of a bedroom into the living room. I couldn't believe I forgot that. Anyway there are still little things to do, but we will do those later. For this weekend, we are going to enjoy the knowledge that there is nothing we can do now because the renters are there!!

I am going to spend the day getting ready for Lizzie, Tanner and Kate. Yea for me!!!! I am so excited. I love spending time with my kids and my grand kids, and oh yea, and their spouses. Hee hee. Really, I am grateful for my kids spouses, big time!!!!

I am excited to go to the aquarium with Tanner now that he likes that kind of thing, making pancakes, maybe bug cakes, playing in the sand, playing with Kate, and being with Lizzie.

I'm sorry I haven't put any pics in lately, I haven't had time. I am too lazy tonight, I am in my bed with the laptop on my lap!

I have lost 5.4 pounds of my 11 pounds I gained in New York and the few days after I got home. That feels good.

Weight watchers is doing good, I love being a leader. Our numbers have been in the 30's lately. It is wonderful to help others to feel healthy and work through this tough part of their life. Plus I just love teaching in setting where I can be silly and serious all in one setting.

Well, hopefully tomorrow I will have some pics up of a few fun things, like my new pancake turners from Williams and Sonoma! :-)

And oh yes Danielle I often think of something else to say and go back and forth sometimes about 5 or6 times changing things.

Love to you all!!!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Mom, I miss you! You are so wonderful. I'm happy you get to be with Lizzie, Tanner and Kate this week. I am hoping sometime I'll get a chance to talk to you on the phone just because it feels like it's been forever since we've really been able to talk. We've both been busy, so that is the excuse! I'm glad the rental is all good and ready to go (pretty much anyway). I'm excited to see it next time I'm there. What is this about pancake turners? It sounds cool. I am excited to see pictures. Oh- are they those halloween things we were looking at in the magazine? Anyway- I'm glad you blogged. I like reading your blogs. By the way- the onion wasn't spoiled, this happened all within the day that I cut it, and the day after. It was a perfectly normal good onion, just strong smelling I guess. I will put it in a glass container when I get home. I love you and miss you!!! Have fun with Lizzie and the kids.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

man, you must be so tired. I'm happy you were able to get the house up and running. And- you'll get all the other little things later. I'm excited to see it now that you guys have added your touch to it. I'm really glad that we aren't coming for a week, cause you need a break. I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh yeah- congradulations on loosing 5.4 pounds!

Megan and Greg said...

Holy cow! That is a lot of errands to run! Glad all is done. (Well, almost.) I'm so glad you lost so much weight! I know how important that is to you. I love you both very much!

Danielle said...

It's time for a new post mother.