Friday, September 14, 2007

Time for an update

Life has been crazy lately, I fell apart on Sunday and had to get up in the middle of a talk in Sacrament Meeting and go bawl in the parking lot. When I got out in the parking lot I realized I had pushed myself to far. So I have tried to slow down some and made sure to read my scriptures, write in my journal, and say my prayers. I had gotten lazy and I can't do that. I had gone to Portland 3 times and Eugene once in one week. I think that is a little much. Then with the craziness of getting a new beach house up and running, I had a migraine for about 8 days in a row. Finally after the breakdown on Sunday I started saying no and went out in my greenhouse and caught up the things in the house that needed to be done. I feel better now, no migraine for 3 days. I realize though that I need to start taking some time to do something that is just a me thing. Then yesterday the coolest thing happened, a lady came to weight watchers that used to work at the tole tree. She said that several of them are getting together once a week on Tuesdays and painting together. I had already been trying to think of a way to start painting again. Painting is the one thing I do that makes me feel like me, not a mom, not a wife, not a sister, friend, or daughter. It's so freeing. So I am going to look at my calendar and I think I am going to do it. I really need a time where there is no access to the computer or my phone. I was telling Steve on Sunday that that is my problem, even in New York, with the modern world we live in, I had the laptop and the phone, so I did business everyday I was there. When we went to Europe, somehow the business lived without me. I am complaining, I am sorry. I am just glad to figure out why I can't seem to feel like I have no time for me. So I guess I shouldn't think about it I should just block out the time every Tuesday and get myself a little me time back. It's pitiful that I can't just stay in my own house and do that!!! Oh well, maybe if I do this I can get myself to ignore the phone and the computer and sew for the fun of it or paint for the fun of it.

I finally put my chairs together for the greenhouse, I am hoping to put my table together. I have so much to do today, my parents are coming on Sunday and I am leaving tomorrow for Stake Conference. We spend the night now in Corvallis instead of driving back at 9:00pm and then driving back to Corvallis the next day again. So I have to have the house ready today. We are going to costco, so I need to make a list of the things I need. I have tried to go to Costco about 5 times now, every time I went to Portland and Eugene, and it never worked, I am finally getting to go tomorrow! Yea!!

Well, I think I have sufficiently wined enough.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh mother, I knew something was wrong! I hadn't heard from you and the other day I kept thinking...I should call mom. These past few days have been crazy for me as well, but that was just the selfishness of me to procrastinate until I find out you really weren't doing well. I think you DEFINITELY need to do that painting class/get together...whatever it is! It sounds wonderful. You deserve it! I'm glad you get to go to Costco finally. Hopfully they don't have any Santa's yet!!! hehe. Well, I will have to call you sometime this weekend or something. Some time that I get free time. I think this just might be one of my hardest semesters. I am only on my third day! I am SO glad that I dropped one of my classes. Anyway, now it's like I'm putting a post on my blog. I should just stop. I love you!!! Feel better, rest, and paint!!!

Lizzie said...

I had no idea you had a migraine for 8 days. I don't know how you did it Mom.

I hope you had fun at Costco today. I love you!