Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas time!!



It has taken me forever to sit down and finish Aliese's present, but I am done with the finally. I can't wait until I can post them. They are so cute. It is late so I am not going to say much just post a bunch of pics. I collect Santas for those of you that don't know that. This is the first year Costco didn't sell a Santa. I bought the sleigh they sold, but I ended up taking it back because there wasn't room for it. Steve thinks I'm addicted to buying Christmas decor, and maybe he's right, but there are worse things.

The new additions to my house this year are 15 artificial trees and new garlands and a wreath. I love the front of my house this year. I have given up on isicle lights. The wind beats them up and I end up with half my lights going out after the first storm comes. The wind storms are many at this time of year, so this year I through all of them away, they were only half lit anyway. I put up old fashioned colored lights. So because of that I bought cute little artificial trees.

The hardest change for me this year is my artificial indoor tree. I love it, but I have to say there is a part of me that longs for the fresh tree. I don't regret getting the aritficial one though. So here goes!

It was hard to decide which pics to post. So there will be some peat and repeat. Sorry about that.

The first set are the ever changing mantle. I am still not satisfied. I am hoping to come up with a plan that will always work. It started out like last year then I came up this great idea, but the next morning some of the bulbs had fallen down and broke all over my fireplace and carpet. So I was back to square one.




This is by no means all my Santas, I just got tired of taking pictures. I have some in 2 bathrooms, and 2 of the guest rooms. If Costco carried a Santa I couldn't resist, I would probably by it much to Steves furstration with me, I have more room upstairs. :-) So here is the parade!
This was the guy that started it all. He is my smallest one.
Rebecca talked me into this one! She suckered me in by saying how much the grandkids would love it! It worked I went straight over and put it in my cart!

Steves favorite! We call him our casual Santa.
A Joanne's 70% off special!
One of the MANY decorations Danielle talked me into!
I love this one, it is from my mom and dad, mom's great shopping skills got me this one. She got it at the end of the season, saved it until the next year!
Another one my mom and dad got me. I think this is so sweet.

Now for the ones I painted


This was last years Santa, I think one of the ones my mom talked me into. I love him also. After this one came out, they came out with one that was soooooo cute, but I had already boughten my santa for the year so I didn't know what to do. So I left him there. Then one day I got an email from costco, the Santa I left there was less than half price and free shipping. I decided to order, and sneak it up into the attic without Steve seeing it and bring it down this year. One day Steve and I were in his office which has a window facing the driveway. Up came this UPS truck, we both walked over to the window wondering what he was bringing. I had forgotten about the Santa. Out he comes with my Santa box big as life. Steve smiled and said Sharon what did you do, so I told him. He said well you might as well open it up now. It turned out to be one of his favorites. He just thinks I'm nuts, he doesn't get mad at me. So here he is our last Santa.
You have to admit, he's pretty cute!!
Well here come the garlands!


I know how many can I post!!


This pic doesn't do this justice, this is the shiniest wreath I have ever had, it matches the garlands if you can't tell.
I bought 3 dishtowels and made me a valance! Daneille made my cute ho,ho, ho, blocks.
I don't know if you can tell Daneille, but I added more sparkly snow, zoom in on it it is really cute, plus I added some carolers.
Amy bought me this cute little snowman from Joannes I think, when she was in high school.
The entry way.

The porch in the daytime.

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have no time to be doing this, so I merely scanned. I'll sit with the girls sometime soon and look slower. It's beautiful. I love it all and wish I was there. I love you.

Danielle said...

I love love love it! Ohhhhhhhhhhh you have completely passed your Christmas decorating genes down on me. I know I will be just like you when I have the money. I already have the most Christmasy apartment I know of for people around here. Well anyway, I love the new garlands and wreathes and the tree! I think they are all PERFECT! I wish I could see them in real life...next year! The santas are perfect as always. I like the outdoor tree's. They are way cute as well. Thank you so much for posting the pictures! I am so sad that the bulbs didn't work over the fireplace because they looked SO GOOD! Maybe colored candles WOULD look good. I have no idea. Anyway, I love you!!! Thanks so much for posting these:)

Emily said...

Wow...those are amazing decorations. I hope someday my house can be that festive! All your decorations are so cute!

Ok, and those are some slammin' boots...you go girl!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh mom it looks so great, I can't wait to go home and see it all. I love all the santa's. I want to count all of them when i get there. The tree looks real and beautiful. It looks just like the trees you get every year. The yard is so cool! And the garlands are beautiful and teh wreath. I love your valance! That's so cool you made that! I love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Looks great as it always does. You got this a addiction from me!!! I still have trouble passing the decorations of Christmas in any store. I love the whole new look outside. We'll get to see it right after we get back from Alan's, on the 27th, We may come from Portland,it just depends on the weather. Nicole's little friend Ashley will stay here with the kitty. So that is one worry off my mind. He got nutered today. The vet said as he was so young he would probably never spray. If he does out he goes!!!! I love you soooo much Mom

*Stephanie Lance* said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL house...as usual! Seeing your christmas decorations makes me homesick for your house at christmas time!!! love you

Lizzie said...

Mom!!! I love it all and wish we could be there. Next Chrismtas. By then, Tanner will think it is sooo cool. We have the same garland, but mine is in gold.

We got your package. Thank you so much!!! We've already read the books and used one in family night last night, listened to the cd, and I wore my jammies for 24 straight hours. I never new jammies could be so comfortable. Now I want to buy more sets. I am wearing them right now. I love you!!!

Megan and Greg said...

WOWSA! That's a lot of pictures! I can't believe you haven't bought a santa! Maybe this will break your addiction! Maybe it's just costco santas? I'm so excited to come home! It will be nice. I love the outside trees and lights! So pretty!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Wow, that's a lot of pictures! Everything looks lovely. The tree is especially nice. It must have taken you forever to get all those Santas out. Hey, come read my latest blog post. I have news and need prayers.

Not quite the Bradys said...

If you think it would help her feel better, you can tell her I had 2 before my oldest and three more in between my others. We tried forever for the first one but once she finally came, they just wouldn't stop coming. : )

Rebecca said...

Well, I just read your blog thoroughly. I wish I lived closer. It is so beautiful. Really. I loved it all. Atleast I get to see it this way. What is the house thing on the piano? I don't remember that one. I love you.