Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's almost Christmas!

I can't believe it has been almost a week since I posted!! It has been an eventful week. I started and finished a cardtable house for Jakes kids. I was so sick by the time I finished it I wrapped it without taking pics of it. I was so mad at myself, I was going to unwrap it, but Steve said just take pics after Ruby opens it. I was too sick to argue so said okay :-( I am singing in our choir on Sunday and this was Tuesday night. I was very concerned. We have 4 sopranos and for some reason with guest choir members and new branch members a ton of altos, and men. So my one soprano voice makes a difference. Plus I am singing in a trio. So I told Heavenly Father he was going to have to make me well. The next day I stayed in bed all day, drinking who knows how much water (thank goodness for my Weight Watcher mugs), sucking on coldeeze, taking cold medicine, and eating chicken noodle soup. By the next day I was feeling a ton better, but to be safe stayed in bed the next day also. Friday Megan and Amy were coming with their hubbies so I had to get busy. I actually felt pretty good, so up I got exercised, and started cleaning and washing clothes, and fixing up their rooms. By 3:30pm I had a clean house and a washed hair and body. Amy and Mike showed up about 4:30, and Megan and Greg came about 8:30. Steve and I were very excited. I can't imagine Christmas alone. I am so grateful to have kids nearby. I know the day will come when we will be flying out of here at Christmastime, but I am grateful we have this year and next year to still share our house with some grandkids.

Meg cut and colored my hair today. I don't know what I am going to do when she goes off to Europe!!! I will have okay hair. Oh well, I can't be selfish.

I unlike Meg wanted to be really wise with my food choices, but alas I am weak when it is in front of my face and hungry. So I have sampled over and over again, all the treats Amy has brought along with the candy canes that I definately wasn't going to eat. Oh well, thank goodness this is only for 3 more days.

Well, I love you all and hope you all have the Merriest of Christmases!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! You should put a pic of your hair! I miss you and love you!!!! Merry Christmas!

Emily said...

I hope you guys have a great Christmas! Good luck with the singing, I hope you're feeling better! I love the Arnolds!

Rebecca said...

I didn't know you were sick this week! I'm so sorry. I hate cold ease, I think it is nasty (and I don't use that word very often). I'm glad you are better. I'm glad you got your "homemade" Christmas done. YOu are amazing. We are so lucky. I remember when we were little I was always excited when you had my name, and I was always jealous of whoever got a present from you on Christmas Eve. Love you.