Sunday, December 9, 2007

Decorating!!

I can't believe how long it takes to decorate for Christmas. It took me almost 3 hours to put together and decorate my new artificial tree!!! I do like it a lot, and it was cool to be able to bend the branches to make the ornaments hang down straight. I started at 10pm and finished about 1am. Crazy I know. Then the next day ( that was Friday night) I had a RS brunch to go to and then came home and worked some more on my decorating. I am STILL NOT DONE!!!! Today I thought I would get a lot done, but Steve and I sat at the kitchen table for about 4 hours and talked about emergency preparedness. My children know this is totally possible. So anyway, now that I have read every ones blog, purchased a Christmas present, uh oh, I just bought it on Sunday, does that count if you forgot it was Sunday, I hope not! Anyway, I am now blogging, and need to do the dishes. Soooo I will probably not get much done tonight. I hope a little.

I forgot to mention, on Friday I bought some new boots. One pair was a fun furry kind I wanted really badly, they only had a size too big for me, but I bought them anyway, (back to the vanity thing!) I love them. I also bought me some dress boots for the first time!! (the good ole buy one get one half off price sale at payless). I like them a lot! I was a little scared, but I love them. They are really cute, and warm in our cool church house. I will post pics of them later, My batteries for my camera had died. After church one was charged but I forgot and changed clothes. Oh well. Maybe I will stand in front of the tree in one of them.

Well, I need to get busy!!! Love you all!!!!!

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I am so excited to see you boots! I have been wanting some for a LONG time. Can't wait to see the pics. I am so excited to come home for Christmas. It will be great!

Danielle said...

I'm way excited to see you in your boots. I know you look great. I can't wait to see your pictures of your decorations! You are going to look like your home came out of Martha Stewart Living. I can already tell. I love you and miss you SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Keep at it you will get it done!!! I have Faith in you. Can't wait to see the new boots. I love you and am looking forward to Friday. I am praying for good weather:) Mom

Not quite the Bradys said...

Ooo!!! I got the BOGO boots too! Which ones? The knee high ones or the leather ankle ones with the very high heel? I got the ankle ones so I could wear them with jeans and my leather jacket. LOVE them. They're actually pretty comfy for the first eight hours I have them on too. Past eight hours they start to hurt a lot but I don't care! I got them for WAY marked down. Yay for Payless! Love you!

Rebecca said...

You need to post pics of the tree and your boots. I am so excited to see the tree. What does Dad think? Is he saying I told you so?

Lizzie said...

I'm excited to see your boots. Take pictures soon. And of your house decorated.