Monday, December 31, 2007

My new Zune, Christmas and Sacrament Meeting

Well, in the order of not the most important, I am listening to my Zune and this is about the coolest thing I have experienced in a long time. One second I'm listening to the Three and Tenors, then a few seconds later I'm listening to Jake, a few seconds later I'm listening to Nat King Cole, then Kenney Chesnesy singing about his sexy Tractor! I think you've got the message, I am bouncing around from one song to the next. It is so cool to have all your music and your husbands music all in one place at the touch of a finger. If I had known how cool this would be I would have gotten an i-pod or some other mp3 player a long time ago and would be on my 3rd one by now. I feel like my musical world has just exploded! I know I sound silly, but ever since we moved to the coast I have felt like my music world got squashed! Steve's office was in our house and plus he doesn't like all my music, so my kitchen music time disappeared. Now I can listen to it anytime I want, as loud as I want, and whatever kind I want!!!! I feel like a little kid in a candy store. I know I am going on and on, and that the rest of the world already knows all this, but I am so excited. I love how I can make my own playlists and have it make sense to me! I love this, have I said that yet?! :-) I want to go buy music now. Danielle gave me a gift certificate for some, I am excited, I will probably drive myself crazy doing that. Because you know what might happen, the music police might come if I don't' do it right!!! :-) I am laughing of course. If you could see me right now you would see a very little girl look on my face right now. I am very happy!!! This is too much fun. Okay I will stop now! :-)

Today at church one of our speakers spoke on Patience. It was amazing, I think I need to change my music or I am going to talk to casual about this. Although it will be hard to leave this particular artist right now. I have never heard anyone talk about patience in this way. He used 2 talks, one was Elder Maxwell, the other was Elder Robert Oaks. Anyway he talked about how patience and faith go together, and impatience and selfishness go together. That really made the light and smile come to my face. I realized how true that was. He gave examples everything from driving to family members or other people not doing what we would like them to do. He talked about not liking our situation at the moment and that showed our lack of faith in Heavenly Fathers time table. It was amazing. I hope I remember it and think twice when I get impatient. The Elder Maxwell talk was from back when I was in college, so in the mid seventies. The Elder Oaks talk was in the last couple of years. I wish I could give you the whole talk, but I think the brief overview gets the point across and you can look up the talks if you really want to know more.

Have I said I love my Zune?!

Well, Christmas, it was great. We were blessed to have Amy and Mike, and Megan and Greg. It was different just having adults, but was wonderful in a different way. A lot of people were sick and that was sad, but we still danced to Megan and Gregs dance, dance revolution. It was pretty funny, Steve was the only one that didn't do it. I looked like a dork and they all were so cute in that they tried really hard to make me feel good. I tried many times, and ALWAYS had the lowest score. I think it is that my mind doesn't work as fast as theirs. It is so weird this whole aging thing. When I had six little kids at home, I could do so many things at once, it was mind boggling. Now I notice I can hardly cook and talk at the same time. I don't like it. But there are things about aging that are awesome that I wouldn't change either. I am way more patient with little people, and my testimony is stronger, I know how to hear answers to my prayers better, I have lots of friends now (my kids) the list could go on. I think life is all about appreciating where you are at the moment and seeing the amazing good in the stage you are in. I am getting pretty deep huh. I was supposed to be writing about Christmas!!

We watched movies, made sugar cookies, chocolate cream pies, 7 layer bars, cheese ball (which we forgot about!) and peppermint sandwiches of course. We listened to Christmas music. Of course the boys played video games. The ocean was at it's typical December wildness. The waves were really huge, once the run-up came just up on the edge of the grass, it was awesome. Sooo needless to say we weren't walking on the beach. We had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and were totally lazy on Christmas day. I made a nummy quiche the day before and put it in while we opened presents. The kids got up around 10:00 I think, I just know I was starving by the time we ate. I got Steve a new fishing rod, we couldn't resist putting it in his sock! It's wrapped. Check out how Steve is dressed compared to the rest of us!!
Such a classic Steve face, even though he loves the present!Amy was getting really frustrated that she couldn't sew (since she wasn't feeling good,) and I think she made herself sew. So I went up and sewed and downloaded music. My sewing room is cleaner than I can remember, it is awesome. I spent some of my time sewing and some cleaning.
My parents came for 2 days after everyone left. It was really nice! We watched Arachnophobia with them, Mom and Dad hadn't watched it before. As many times as I have watched it, I still screamed about 5 times. My dad kept asking if there was a plot, I thought later I should have said, yes to scare you to death!!! It was nice having them out, it had been too long since they had been out to our house.
Yesterday we went to Jakes to exchange presents with them. It was fun to see Ruby and little Miles, oh and Jake and Lyndsey, :-) Rebecca and Lizzie will understand that statement. Miles is getting so big, he reminds me of Jake when he was a baby, he smiles so easily. I hope everyone else had a great Christmas. I took so many pics so you could see all the sides. Cute baby Miles, I didn't take any when he was awake and smiling, I was not happy with myself.
Danielle made Jakes family matching scarfs, they were really excited about them, especially Miles's.
Well, I am going to post the presents I made now that Christmas is over. The next pics are Aliese's doll clothes. I made the trim from scratch on the blue dress from ribbon.I made Rebecca's girls a house also, it is more of a princess house, and Rebecca says the pics don't do it justice!
Megan also did mine and Amy's hair, always the true servant. Danielle wanted me to post it. Check out the boys in the background!
Well, it is late and I have posted one heck of a lot of pics. I will try to post more often. It is just hard when I have company. I love you all!!!

9 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Awesome mom, I loved the blog! That's awesome about the zune. Mike and I still need to download more music on ours- (ipod). It's quite a process. The pictures of Ruby and Miles are soooooooo cute! And their house is so cute! I loved the pictures of Ruby with her head looking out the windows, and the picture of them in their scarfs! Those scarfs are REALLY cool, did she knitt them or is it cool fabric? That is really cool. You look beautiful in all the pictures, and it's funny, the morning ones- I still think everyone looks cute, including YOU! I love you! - oh yeah- and that is so funny about grandpa and the plot with aracnaphobia!

Danielle said...

I loved your blog! You are SO funny! I love your reaction to the Zune. I love it too. I kept going back and forth with my songs as well. Britney...Nsync...Kenny Chesney...Weezer, it was a nonstop music change! Ruby looked like she really liked the house! It was way cute! Thanks for posting the pics of Jakes family with their scarfs! I told him to take a pic and send it to me but he hasn't yet. I'm glad they liked them. I love you and I enjoyed your insight on the patience thing. I probably need to hear that talk!

Lizzie said...

Thank you sooo much for posting all the pics!! I am so glad that so many of us blog. It keeps us closer than we already are! You look so thin in all of those pictures!! I love the jammies that we all have. I know I already told you, but I live in them. Especially in Utah. I don't know what I would've done without them. I'm glad you like your Zune. I love Dad's fishing pole in his stocking. = )

Our Pratt Pack said...

I had to tell you how cute those playhouses are... what an awesome idea, my girls would flip. Maybe that will be my project for next xmas!

Danielle said...

Okay I just looked through your pictures again and totally forgot to comment on some things I wanted to. I LOVED aliese's doll clothes! I bet she loved them! I also loved that you guys put dad's pole in his stocking, Your hair looks lovely as always and....I think that's it. LOVE YOU!

Grandma, Nonnie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Not quite the Bradys said...

I got an ipod nano from Santa this year and I'm right there with you! If only I had a zillion dollars to download everything on the internet worth listening to! Cute play houses! I am inspired to try to make one of those for my kids. Happy New Year.

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you love your Zune, of course I new you would. It is like discovering the internet for the first time or something. I love the incredible sound too. All of it. Totally amazing. I need to do playlists. I haven't done that yet. Your other playhouse is very cute, not as pretty as ours, but very cute. Your Christmas Eve table was very pretty. I love the pictures, it makes me feel closer to you all but I have to admit, a little homesick too.

The patience and selfish talks. That totally rings a bell with me. I think I must have read a Maxwell talk, although I don't think the same one, about that. That is such a Maxwell concept. He talked so much about patience, the Lord's will and the like. I love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am thankful that you were able to solve my problems with the e-mail situation. I am glad you have your music back, it is wonderful that we like all kinds of music. I truly appreciate most of the music that is out there today. Rap isn't one of my favorites. I love the houses and you really took on a lot of work for the Christmas presents this year. I thought the doll clothes were pretty awesome!!! I think that the fishing pole in the stocking was really funny:) I am so glad we got to see all of your decorations and stay for a couple of days. Ruby is growing up and so very cute. Baby Miles is really a sweetie also. I love you Mom