Friday, March 21, 2008

Fun Surprise and Update

Monday, Ginny Steve's brothers wife and daughter Lindy came to visit and spend the night. The next day I took Ginny out to see the greenhouse. She had never seen it. On the way out I told I her it had never had so many weeds before. She was looking around and said, isn't that lettuce? On the floor of my green house in between the bricks was the most beautiful head of leaf lettuce you have ever seen. Not far away is a smaller one. It cracks me up how plants will just grow all by themselves and at other times we nurture baby and the plant will die. I haven't tasted it yet. I hope it is still a healthy plant when I get back. I also found some carrots, I am assuming they are seeds that didn't germinate last summer. A volunteer petunia, they really love the greenhouse. And a petunia that was tiny last summer and I thought dead. I love my green house. I know I have said this before, but someday it will be a producing machine all year round. It is the perfect environment for so many plants.

Life has been crazy lately. In preparation to go to Disneyland with Rebecca and the girls I have been busy getting our website on our dot com and refining our website. I still do Beach house business while I am on vacation, so we have been looking for ways to make it easier for me to do business away from home. I had to create a new email box which that in itself was easy, but transferring our address book took a little researching. I found an easy way and it was awesome. Gotta love the Internet, the answer to any question! In the process of trying to make our website as easy and efficient as possible we observed a calendar on another site we loved. That sent my sweet and wonderful husband out on a hunt. He could hire himself out as a researcher I swear. He found the coolest, easiest to maintain calendar. I then had to connect it to the web. It took me forever because I didn't' realize it was working. Long story short, my web program has several different views, in the view I was using it appeared that the calendar wasn't showing up. But all along it was. So many emails later with the calendar people I finally realized all on my own that it was there all along. I was looking out of the wrong window so to speak!!! I must have said crap a thousand times. Steve teased me that I was going to teach all of our grandchildren that. Hopefully I don't, but I have taught it to my children sooo...... you know what that means. Anyway check out our website it is basically the same but cooler!

Because we live in the sticks and have a branch, we have to adapt things at church sometimes. One of the adaptations was to put husbands and wives together and have them vt/home teach at the same time. Now as all the women know, that doesn't work. The Lord never would have set up visiting teaching if there wasn't a reason for it. I never felt like I was really serving the sisters. So eventually I just became the worst VT ever! Often Steve would catch my ladies either at church or Chris at the beach house and others on the phone. Since he was my partner, I would get lazy and not make contact, just count his. Well, about 4 weeks ago they changed the program back to the way the church has it normally set up. I don't have a partner, but I was reminded how important VT is and how much I love it. I got a 100% and it felt so good.

I am in the airport in Boise right now. I love how they have wireless Internet now days in the airports!

There was something else I know I was going to share, but alas I have forgotten.

I am very excited for Easter at Lizzie's and Disneyland for the next five days after!!! I plan to blog the trip, wish me luck!

Love you all!!!!!

8 comments:

Steve/Dad/Grandpa said...

I love you. I hope your trip over to Idaho went well.
Steve

Emily said...

I love your greenhouse and I've never even seen it! I just know it's great. I hope you have a great time in Disneyland!!!

Megan and Greg said...

How fun, you get to see both your daughters and all those grandkids at once! The greenhouse is so full of life! I'm at a hotel in portland. The internet works! So nice! Love you! Have a safe trip!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Hope your trip is fun and safe. I think it's wonderful that you get to go and to be with the kids and two of your daughters at the same time. Wow!!! what fun. Love you mom

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That is so funny about the lettuce. Isn't there plastic under the bricks? crazy. Well, you are going to have so much fun, I'm so jealous. That's cool you could blog in teh airport. love you!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Sharon -

That feels really weird... I'm pretty sure I should still be calling you Sis. Arnold. Anyway... I just read/skimmed through some of your posts. The pics from the funeral are great - you look beautiful!!
I still can't get over your view from the house. Absolutely gorgeous!
It sounds like you are doing well.
I would love to hear from you!
love,
Jennifer (Toftdahl) Southworth

PS: I am going to camp again this year (took a year off after Ethan was born) and am totally pumped!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Sharon-
I want to see your beach house website but I don't know the address. Will you please comment on my blog and leave it there for me? Thanks!
Amy

Rebecca said...

Wow. I wish I had a greenhouse. I can't believe those petunias. Love you.