Thursday, May 22, 2008

Don't faint I'm really posting

I can't believe how long its been!! I have had a crazy busy life since I last posted. 4 days after I posted, I went to Jake and Lyndsey's because they were sick, Miles had pnumonia, and life was crazy for them. I had mentioned to Rebecca that I felt the spirit telling me I needed to go, but was trying to catch up. She called me a couple of days later and said, I think you should follow the spirit. So off I went. I was very glad I did. They were able to sleep in so to speak, for 2 mornings while I played with Ruby. I think she looked so pretty in those dress up clothes. I think she likes jewelry and pretty things, what do you think? At my house she tried to convince me that she needed some of my real jewelry. She didn't succeed. But she did make home with my kids watering can, shovel and some other things. :-) Cute little Miles, he sure didn't look sick did he? I think he got shocked by the flash here.

Isn't Miles cute!!! Jake was actually able to take a much needed nap. We ran errands on Saturday, which was fun. I babysat for them Saturday night. Miles did pretty good for a while and then I thought I would go nuts, but Amy and Meg came and distracted me while I bounced Miles and they would take turns bouncing him also.

On mothers day I made waffles and hung out with their family until later in the day when we went to Amy's for dinner. It was great, I bought shrimp, bread, salad and fruit. I got wonderful gifts from all my kids. Rebecca bought me some beautfiul pearl earings, Lizzie gave me some cool spatulas from Williams sonoma and an Apron, Jake gave me a cool book by Wayne Dyer called Inspiriation, Meg gave me some poppy seeds and fingernail polish, Amy made me this cute shelf , and Danielle gave me a cool polka dot bag. Steve gave me dishes. After dinner, Ruby and I drove back to the coast. We sang almost the whole way here.

Monday we got up and made bunny, duck, frog, and princess pancakes. Then we went to buy flowers and go to the aquarium. Ruby was so excited about the aquarium, so we basically grabbed the flowers and went to the aquarium. This is crazy, some scuba divers came into the shark tank to clean the windows. They were in pairs, one cleaned the window, the other had a stick to hit the sharks with I am assuming if they attacked them. She loved the sharks, and the king crabs. We went to the sharks twice. At the end of the shark exhibit they have these machines you put a penny in and it smashes them and makes an imprint on the penny Ruby actually made one all by her self. They were pretty hard to turn.The sealions are always fun, she liked them but didn't seem to be that excited about them.The birds are usually really cool, but they were hiding or somthing the day we went.
Then there are the toys out on the nature trail.On the way out she leaned in and hugged my arm. She was sooo happy. We came home, had lunch and then she took a nap. She stayed until Wed and I took her back to the valley after lunch. We had a great time. She said she is going to stay 5 days next time!

The next day was weight watchers. Friday we went to the temple. While we were up there we ran all kinds of errands. I bought these cool little books called Setting the record straight. They are on contraversial topics in the gospel. I have already read two of them and learned some things I have wondered about for years. I also got the new Dean Hughes novel. The most looked forward to errand besides the Temple, was Williams Sonoma to get my new dishes! Well, we get there and I can hardly stand it. They were all wrapped up and it was getting late. So I just peeked at one of the cups. After I got home I started to unwrap them all and about a third of them had flaws. It was really sad, it kind of ruined the experience. I called them about it on Monday and they said that was normal, to make a long story short they agreed to call around and get some replacements that were flawless, since I had some that were. I sent my flawed ones back a couple of days ago and they will be sending me my new ones on Wed of this next week. We love them a lot. Steve loves them way more than I thougth he would. I have already put my old ones away for when we go on a mission.

Sunday was a ward conf. and even though it was at our branch, we have meetings and etc after. Monday I crashed and prepared for Tues night which was our Auxilary Training meeting that we have twice a year. That meant leaving for Corvallis at 4:00 and getting home at 11:30. Then the next day I crashed again and tried to catch up.Thurs was weight watchers again, and now we are up to date. So I am not complaining, just explaining why it has taken me soooo long to post. I don't want to wait that long again though. I was just never here or too tired to blog for the one day or afternoon I didn't have a commitment.

Today was a good day, I got to really think about my life for a change while I was reading my scriptures and writing in my journal. That felt really good. I haven't had a lot of time to do that lately. Then I ate lunch, worked on scouting for about 45 min, then went outside and finished planting flowers on my porch. Came in ate popcorn and watched Ellen, folded clothes and finally after avoiding it as long as I could-made dinner. After dinner I watched Holes for the second time in my life, it is so good. Then I made myself get up and clean my kitchen and start some laundry which took only about 2 hours. I hadn't put away some of the things I had purchased lasat Saturday. Life has been too crazy. I am excited about tomorrow, I am planning on a greenhouse day. I have a new goal that worked until all this crazy away from my house stuff happened, After my scripture studay I work on learning about scouting for a half hour (Steve's suggestion and a good one), then go out to my greenhouse for about a half an hour. It is amazing what you can accomplish doing that. But I decided that I need to spend a day out there and get it really cleaned out and maybe even put my fountain together that I have had for I think two years. I have decided that I am truly going to turn my green house into my dream. I am tired of thinking and dreaming, I want the reality. So tomorrow is going to be a big push and then I will finish it up a half an hour at a time.

Well, it seems like there was much more that I was going to say, but I am tired and it is late. I love you all and promise to blog more often. I will blog my mothers day presents and my window herb garden tomorrow or Sunday.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

YES! I am so glad you blogged. Oh and I am SO glad you put so many pics of ruby and miles! They are SO CUTE! Oh, I'm so excited to see them at the reunion. You are such a good grandma. I love how Ruby insisted that she NEEDED your real jewelry. So funny. She is so cute. I think you are so righteous for learning about scouting everyday for a half hour. I love you and dad both so much. I miss you. I am SO EXCITED to come visit in a couple months! It will be so nice. I think it IS about time you make your greenhouse your dream. The table, the fountain, everything. I'm excited. You should have a goal to at least have it done by the time I'm there- I'm sure you are hoping for sooner- but, there's an extra push I guess:) I love you so much! Keep blogging!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Your kids have such cute little ones. I think they are all so sweet. I have been busy myself and I really need to do more today. I got some flowers from Dan's plants and now it is raining again. I planted the garden yesterday. Will send the beans on Tue. Hope that isn't too late. I forgot them. Sorry I am glad you blogged. Miss you Love Mom PS I have been thinking of having a b-day get together for dad or are you too tired to come to the valley, yet again? mom

Not quite the Bradys said...

Ruby does look pretty in those pictures all dressed up. Miles is absolutely adorable. It's nice you are able to help them that way. That is crazy about the scuba divers in the shark tank. I've always wondered how they kept that glass clean. I assumed someone actually cleaning it wasn't a possibility. How scary! That stinks about your dishes. You've been waiting for them for so long.

Hey, I know all you Arnold people love "the vampires and the werewolves". I've got some good Twilight movie updates on my blog if you're interested. : ) Come see!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I had no idea you blogged on Thursday! I can't believe it was here this whole time! Well wow, lots of things. The pics are so cute! That's cool about teh green house, I'm glad you are going to work on it. I'm glad you could get some things caught up like laundry. I'm so excited to see the dishes!!! I love you-

Lizzie said...

Just to let you know....the apron is a kid apron, for your grandkids to help you cook with. Make more sense now? Shows how small you are that it fits you!