Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mothers day pics, other pics and today

My porch, Ruby lasted about two pots, so I finished the rest yesterday. I will take a pic later in the year when they have bushed out more. Below is my herb shelf. I hope it works. I left them in their little pots a little too long, so some are long and spindly.

I said I would blog what I got for mothers day so here they are! This is from Megan and Greg, seeds and polishMike and Amy's shelf she got at value village for 3 dollars I think, bought a cute knob, painted it and voila a shelf that would sell for 20.00 or more in any cute store!Rebecca and Darin got me these beautiful earrings. They are fresh water pearls I think. Jakes gave me this great book! Ruby and Lyndsey made me the earrings out of shrink a dink, they glued the jewels on the flip flops.Ruby also painted me this pic. Her mom got an even cooler one.Lizzie and Shad gave me these fun spatulas and apron. Last but not least Danielle and Clay got me this cute polka dot bag, my scriptures and church stuff fits perfect in it.Today was a great day. I love church, it fills me up. I taught today. It was interesting, the harder I tried to prepare the more things interrupted me. Before church I still didn't feel prepared. I decided that there was something Heavenly Father wanted me to do that I would find out later. I got more sincere compliments than I have gotten in a long time. There was lots of feedback. I think if I had known where I was really going and what I wanted to do I would have controlled it too much and what was important wouldn't have happened. I am sure to them I was very aware of what I wanted and very in control. I'm grateful I wasn't it kept me humble. We all need humbling times. Well, the sun is out, I think I will take advantage of it, it is supposed to rain for the next 3 days. Love you all!!!!

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Cool! I love the spatulas and bag!!! I've never seen spatulas like that! Do they actually work? They must!

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, those dress up pics of Ruby- I've never seen her so beautiful. I think it must be her bangs pulled back. I love the aquarium! It would be fun to go with Ruby. I love you! Glad things are well! Just a reminder: Greg graduates the 14th of June (less than 3 weeks!)

Emily said...

You are one lucky mom! You totally scored. I love the picture of the nail polish with your toes in it...so cute!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are a very lucky mom. I love you I don't know what to do about the Temple, Judwa can't go on Tue. I will have to think about a Wed. I will pray about it, also I think I will call Ree and see if she has any family names. Love mom PS I am a lucky mom also.

Danielle said...

I love all your gifts! Looks like a fun mom's day:) I love you so much! Your porch looks great!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Great mother's day gifts!! I just realized, you get an extra holiday than I do, to get presents! lucky you. Did Danielle make your bag? I thought she said she did, but maybe I misunderstood her. Everything you got was really cool. You need to take a picture of your dishes. I'm so glad you're getting out in your green house. I love the little kid tools, I love little things- they are so cute. Your porch is beautiful, your porch always looks so good. I love you.

Not quite the Bradys said...

I have that bag and I LOVE it. I just posted about it actually. They have them on the BYU-Idaho bookstore website for only $3.49 if you ever decide you want another one. They are absolutely wonderful for sneaking food into movie theaters, but I suppose you are probably better behaved than that at movies. : )