Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm just a blogging fool!

I dont' blog for 17 days and then blog 3 blogs in 4 days! Whew! I had the best salad yesterday and it was on my new dishes. The rest should be here by tomorrow, we have actually been able to make it with our 5 dinner plates and 5 salad plates. Isnt' that salad great!!?

I read the best read, anyone can borrow it. It is about the depression years and how it affected the LDS people in a small Utah town. It is typical Dean Hughes-very factual in the details of the time, but fictional characters. It was insightful and good learning about behavior and history. Yesterday was cloudy and depressing, today is gorgeous and Steve took me out to lunch at the Adobe. I had a crab salad! Nummmmmyyyy! I got these cool kids tools for the garden. I thought maybe that wouldn't be enough, but then I thought I couldn't have more than one kid help me at a time anyway. If they each had a shovel, when my back was turned they would be probably digging up my beds when I wasn't looking. Last but not least, I had to show this crazy petunia that grew out of the floor all by itself. This is a different one not one of the other two I blogged. Go figure, I go for years killing flowers and now they grow all by themselves. There is something about the greenhouse that petunias love! As a result of that observation, I am going to make some hanging baskets with petunias in them. I will post them when I get them done! All a part of me fulfilling my dream greenhouse.
Well, love you all!!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

So awesome! I loved it all! That salad DOES look great and especially on that GORGEOUS plate! By the way- I realized I never told you on your last post- I REALLY like your herb pots you put on your window sill. Very lovely. I love that flowers are growing randomly. That is so cool. I love you and am SO excited to come visit soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol and Bruce said...

Hi Sharon, I'm taking a peek at your blog:) I love you and miss you, we should get together some day when you come to town.

The salad looks delicious and all your flowers are amazing, such fun.

I see your parents in Jake's beautiful kids, they are just adorable.
love,
Carol

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Bring the book to me I would love to read it. The drepression years were just before I was born. I love hearing and reading about it. Salad looks yummy and the plates beautiful. I have your beans and I have planted mine and I was going to send them and then when you said you were coming I thought why? You'd get them faster if I handed them to you as I forgot to mail them before the holiday week-end. Love the plants all that you have done and the ones growing wild. Those petunias are really something. Good luck with trying the pots, at the rate that they grow they may take over the green house. You'll have monster flowers Ha!! See you tomorrow. Love mom

Megan and Greg said...

WOW that petunia! Amazing! And so beautiful. Cute tools for the kids, very good idea. It's ok to blog a lot.