Sunday, September 7, 2008

Tired and Sick, Tired of being sick!

I'm not very patient with being sick, but is anyone? I woke up on Friday and thought something was weird, then as I got up I realized I had a cold. The common cold. I got up and exercised, because they say if your cold isn't bad then it is better to exercise. I did my weights that day. On Saturday when I woke up I was worse and my whole body ached. Partly from my cold and partly from doing weights the day before. I look forward to the day that my weights don't make my body ache. I keep thinking that will happen, but maybe that is part of doing weights, I don't know. I'm getting better at push-ups. I hate them though! Sometimes I wonder about all this weight lifting stuff, and harder DVD, I don't love it and it makes me want to avoid it. But when I am doing it I know it is making my body stronger at a time in my life when my body would be deteriorating. Soooo I guess I will put up with the dvd because the alternative is worse! Ugh!

I watched the Republican convention a lot, and I have to say my heart has been softened towards McCain, and I love Sarah Palin. For the first time in a long time, I am actually excited by the ticket.

Fog! We have had so much fog this year, I am so tired of it. It took forever for summer to come, and then when it did, it got hot in the valley and we got fog! I wish the valley would cool down. If we don't get our beautiful fall I will be sad!

Well, I am feeling a 100% better about my calling. I wanted to be released, and to make a LONG story short, I have done some sincere praying and pondering and questioning, and have come to the conclusion that I need to stay there and look at it differently. It has taken me a whole year to realize that I am the director to the resources and the person to inspire them to the importance of good teaching and the importance of scouting. I don't have to know everything, just need to know where the answers are.

We have our day camp this coming Saturday, I am a little nervous, but know all will turn out alright. I have a few loose ends to tie up, but basically it is ready. One of the things we are doing is geocaching and have to put something back into the box at the end of the hunt. Any ideas? Ask your husbands, I'm not a boy.

Well, that's about it for my last two exciting days. I love you all and have the best family a mom could have!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm sorry you have a cold! Cold's are the worst. You feel bad enough to not want to do anything, but not SO bad that you feel a little guilty sitting around doing nothing. Horrible. I have no ideas for day camp and geocatching. I'll ask Clay though (he's not home right now). I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get better!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I didn't know you were sick! I'm sorry. I'm glad you are feeling better about your calling. I don't know what geocatching is, are they those rocks that have crystals inside? I love you! and thanks for talkign to me- everything turned out just fine.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Dear Sharon, I don't know about the coaching thing. So Sorry. I also have a nasty cold. I hate it! So I can guess at your misery. I went to the water areobics this morning. I didn't do it all, it is an hour, but I did a lot. I have really got to go so I can feel better again. I went to the doctor today and I am doing well. The heart is doing as well as it can, for a heart that has the problems it does. It is functioning better than it was before the pacemaker. Got to go. Love you so very much Mom