Thursday, September 18, 2008

Aquarium and Tea Party


Well, we are on day 4! Yesterday we went to the aquarium, I always enjoy that. Miles seemed entertained, not very vocal, but wide awake. Ruby was all eyes, ears and vocal. She is very curious and really knows a lot about the fish and etc at the aquarium. I am not sure if it is from going to the aquarium so many times and that she never forgets anything or from things her parents have read to her. She is very fun to go with because she is truly into it. She wanted to see everything and was really interested in everything. When we got done, it was too fast for her, we had to go see everything again. We also played on the animal statues for quite a long time. It was a fun and loooonnnnnggggg day!

Today was my weight watcher day so it tried Steve's grand parenting skills. Before I left Ruby and I made the dough for our cookies for the tea party. I left Steve with instructions but it was too long for him. He also had to change a poopy diaper. After I got home put Miles to bed, we cut out the cookies. We sprinkled colored sugar on before we baked them, they turned out really good. While they baked and cooled we set the table and got dressed. She was Cinderella, I wanted to be Esmerelda, but Ruby said I was Snow White. She also owned the house and brought and made all the food! Interesting. It is interesting at tea parties with Ruby, she has had real tea at her house, so we have real tea. Today we had Lemon tea.We had fun, then I set about cleaning up the house.As you can see it was very sunny outside, we eventually put up one of the umbrella's so we could open our eyes! I am a very tired grandma. We are having a great time, I wish at times like this that I was a coffee drinkier, I could use a little of Lorelai's energy (if she were real) I am trying to go to bed earlier, but there are things to do.

Well, I love you all!

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Ah that was fun. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Looks like you are having fun!!! Tell Steve it is Murphys law, at least one poopy diaper for every time grandpa babysits. Loved the blog. Stop and rest once in awhile it will wait on you and the time passes quickly and before you blink they will be gone and there you will be wishing they could come back. Of course after a couple days rest ahh. Love mom

Danielle said...

Sounds great! You are such a good grandma:) I know what you mean about Lorelai's energy:) I love you so much and miss you a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lizzie said...

That looks so fun and exhausting. Why is it that with kids that's what it is, fun and exhausting? = )

Those bug cakes are soooo cute!!! And I'm impressed that Dad took so many pictures of you and Ruby. Way to go Dad.

I finally caught up on your blog. I love you Mom and miss you!!!!!! You are such an amazing Grandmother. I am so glad you blog it so the kids can look back at it someday and read what you dd with them.

Not quite the Bradys said...

You are the cutest Grandma in the whole entire world! : )

My blog is at www.aberjaber.blogspot.com

If you forget again google "not quite the bradys"

Aliese the Writer said...

I think those buggy cakes are so cute I like the way you decorated them with the frosting. I hope they were good. All that frosting would make me sick.I'm glad I could come over and have as much fun as Miles and Ruby

LeAnn said...

Love the cute pictures--I can't believe Ruby is so big! She sure has her Mom's smile! We miss you. I am headed to Utah to help w/kids, Nathan's wife just had their 3rd, and little boy named Oliver--can't wait.