Friday, April 23, 2010

Beam me up Scotti!

I know I have no right to feel sorry for myself, but I am having a pity party and that is just the way it is. The other day I was watching a bio of Philo Farnsworth, the creator of the TV. I came upstairs and starting talking to Steve about something I saw once on TV about how many of the things we have in the technology world were first only in the science fiction world. I want a "beam me up Scotti" machine. I want to be able to beam over to my kids, grand kids, parents, siblings, friends, and of course Costco and trader joes. I know it's silly, but I am as I said feeling sorry for myself today. I would tell a friend that we all feel that way some days and it's okay, so I guess it's okay.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

I would LOVE a machine like that. Oh man- it would be great. Sorry you're having a bad day. Love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I would love a machine like that too- love you!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I think a machine like would be wonderful and that someday on the other side of the veil I think we will be able to do that. I am sorry you are having a "blue" day, sometimes we all have a day like a blue funk day I call it and it is usually a day that I remain in my pj's most of the day and read a book or bake cookies, make candy, or hot fudge to go over ice cream. Then I eat too much, so lately I have been trying to read or sew or get on the puter and ignore the fact that I would like to eat. HA! Hard to ignore. I enjoyed talking to you and love you very much so hang in there and take good care of YOU. hugs and kisses

Grandma, Nonnie said...

PS read my blog. love you mom

katy said...

In the next life we will be able to do that with out a machine. And it is okay that you are having a pity party. It would be hard to not be able to see your family when you want. We are really lucky we all live close. I don't know what we will do when Jessica moves away. It will be way hard.

Megan and Greg said...

I throw myself pity parties way too much. I would love a beamy machine.

Lizzie said...

Know what you mean. Although, you might get a little sick of all of us kids. I think we'd be over there more than you think. = )

Not quite the Bradys said...

Oooo. Beam me to the beach house please! :)