Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oxy Clean, Book of Mormon, and Hair Dresser, Greenhouse

Well, I have decided if you have a lot of girls try to get one of them to be a hair dresser. Send them to a great school and you will be happy for life. Megan and Greg came this weekend and my hair was long over due. She said, "I was thinking about a few layers", I got very excited, so was I. I have also learned to totally trust her. She has never since she has graduated steered me wrong. If it weren't for Megan, I wonder if I would be gray today! I about died the first time she begged me to add just a few strands red highlights in my hair. I was scared to death. After it was done, I loved it and I was hooked. I wanted more the next time. I had a friend who was so upset, she said, "you ruined your virgin hair!" (Nan Davis) I said "don't you like it," she says "yes, but I loved the color of your hair, now it will never be the same :-(. I tried hard not to laugh, she was so serious. I knew she loved the color of my hair becuase she had told me many times that she wished her hair was the color of mine. Anyway I look all beautified because of my Megan!! Thanks Megan!

Oxy Clean! There is nothing quite like it. I have stories I could tell... but one in particular my girls are sworn to secrecy about. We almost ruined a borrowed item and I saved it with oxy clean! I was a believer after that. We borrowwed an item and Amy left it in her trunk for a long time. One day she opened up her trunk and we all went into shock, it had mildewed. We all about died. I thought, well its ruined now, so why not take a chance. I took the item, soaked it in very hot water and oxy clean for 8 hours. I took it out and voila! it looked like new. One of my daughters figured out that if she soaked her girls laundry in oxy clean for several hours she didn't have to spot them. Sounded good to me, so I put my light colors in the washer with oxy clean let it sit over night w/o spotting them and voila! they come out clean and spotless! Now if you know our family, we can't eat w/o getting food on us, so this is very important! Well, about 6 months or so ago, I got my new front loader. I racked my brain how I was going to do this because it doesn't fill up with water and then start. I thought my oxy days were over, I was a very sad girl. Then I thought, my machine has a soak cycle, so I tried it with oxy, left it over night and voila! It worked. Then I just put my soap in like normal, added a second rinse and I have my heavenly spotless world back!!! :-) Don't you think oxy clean should pay me to do commercials!? :-)

Book of Mormon: Well our Stake Pres. challenged all of us to read the Book of Mormon (last Sept at Stake Conf.) by June like the Seminary kids. I had full intentions of doing it, procrastinated, forgot and then the other day thought, "if our Stake Pres. asked us to do this, then I will be blessed if I do it". So I sat down and did the math, 8 PAGES PER DAY!!!! Well, I was right, I have already been so blessed. I feel like I am truly feasting in the scriptures. I am always amazed how the Book of Mormon brings you closer to Christ than any other book of scripture. I love it!!! I am so grateful to our Stake Pres. for asking us to do this. I hadn't been reading it because I was focusing on reading our Sunday School scripture assignments and the Priesthood, RS lessons. I was reminded of why Pres. Romney (member of first pres. when I was a girl and first married) and Pres. Benson said we should read it every day. Try it you'll like it!

My Greenhouse. I know, I know, how many times can I write about my greenhouse. Well, today is greenhouse day and I had Steve come down to help me put in a new watering timer. After we get it all put together, we try it out to make sure it works. Water started going everywhere. Two of our faucets in the beds were spraying water everywhere. This winter it got colder for a few days than I can ever remember on the coast. Remember the icsicle post? Well, it cracked the pipes on two of my faucets, and two of my hoses. Poor Steve has to go and fix them for me tomorrow. He is such a good husband!!! He was going to work on his boat,but instead is going to fix my watering system! I had teeny tiny carrots coming up! :-)

Well, its late, love you all!!!

6 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

I'm glad you like your hair. You've got good taste, so it works out for the both of us. That stinks about your hoses/pipes in the green house. Atleast Dad can fix them. That was funny about the oxyclean. The simplest things can make life so much better. Love you!

Kristi M. said...

I've always wondered about oxyclean and now I am going to go right out and get some. I was taking out baby clothes about a months ago to find some of them yellow after 4 years. I am guessing the baby formula. I was bummed and got most stains out with spray but if I could do this on each load for this little guy, it would save me a headache. I can't wait to try it. I love reading about your greenhouse. Gardening makes me happy.

Danielle said...

Yeah- Megan is amazing. I always had the best hair in high school:) I really wish I remembered what your talking about that you saved with oxyclean. I have no idea! Did you know I never spot my clothes or do anything? It just sounds way too tedious. I HATE doing laundry. One of my least favorite things EVER! That is so great that dad is helping you with the greenhouse. He is a good hubby:) LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

i want oxy clean- I need it for my slip covers- I just washed them- and they still weren't quite clean enough for my taste...it started to make me thing maybe I was going to have to be done with them once we have money- because they'r ejust getting darker- but maybe oxyclean will do the trick. love you-

Rebecca said...

You're so funny, you don't post forever, and bam, a ton of posts, so I'm trying to catch up. Teeny carrots...sigh...I want tiny carrots. Thanks for the reminder about oxy, I seriously forgot about the soaking in it over night. I need to do that again. Love you.

Rebecca said...

PS I wish Megan was my regular hairdresser. You lucky girl. When Megan was cutting my hair, I got stopped in the grocery store all the time about my hair. And you know me, it wasn't because my hair was all fixed and cute it was the cut. Love you.