Friday, April 16, 2010

So much to post

First boring, I have a cold. Not fun!

I have been reading the Book of Mormon because our Stake Pres. challenged us. I started late so am reading a lot of pages every day. I am reminded how much I love the Book of Mormon. Today the thing that hit me in a new way was how strong traditions are. The Lord excuses the Lamanites a lot because of the traditions of their fathers. Wellll, I got to thinking, what kind of traditions are we creating? If it takes something like the scriptures to break a tradition, then traditions are pretty powerful. So just like a bad one can ruin someones life, a good one could make all the difference. Just a thought!

I spent three days this week working on Jake and Lyndsey's house helping them to clean it so they can move in. Miles and I spent the whole time I was cleaning together. It was so fun, I would hear this sweet little voice say "Ama where are you?" It was so sweet. Once I had to call Steve and all I got was the answering machine. Miles LOVES Steve, so he said "Umpa, I want to talk to Umpa". So I called Steves cell phone and while Steve talked, Miles just smiled and laughed, occasionally pulling the phone away to see if he could see Steve. It was sweet. I was grateful for the energy and ability to help. I don't think I have been on my hands and knees that long in a loooonnnnngggg time. Here are some pics of their new house!I picked my first batch of lettuce yesterday! I haven't made a salad yet because I don't feel good.:-(. But maybe tonight. My carrots are up, they are tiny but you can tell they are carrots! I spent my first day at the greenhouse with people in our old house. It was strange. I had to go to the bathroom and that was uncomfortable. I told Steve that I was going to have to make a port-a-potty for my greenhouse, he said "just go at Weight Watchers before you go." I said "it's hot in there, I get thirsty!!!" Steve, "Oh." I was setting up a new watering system for the umpteenth time. It drives me crazy! I put up a sign Lizzie gave me. She gave it to me for my b-day, and we were getting ready to move. She said she could take it back, but in the back of my mind I wasn't sure if I wanted to give up my greenhouse, so I said I wanted to keep it. I am so glad I did, I love it!!! Lizzie gave me this watering can years ago, I wondered if I would use it much, and it has been worth it's weight in gold. Who would have thought!

I love that the days are longer!!!

Well, I am tired. Hope you enjoyed the pics and info, love you all!! Oh I added the annoying type in thing because I was getting anonymous comments.

10 comments:

Danielle said...

Thank you for putting Jake's house! I LOVE IT! It's sooooooo awesome! So much personality so much awesome architecture- IT IS AWESOME! Your lettuce looks BEAUTIFUL! Yummmmmmy. And I love the sign! Looks awesome! That would be really awkward...the whole bathroom situation. I would try to just not drink a ton or something. I dunno. I hope you get feeling better! I love you!!! Miles sounds soooo sweet. I loved your stories about him.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

cool pics- and that's exciting about the lettuce! That would be so weird to be there while others are in your house :( I love miles- he is so cute and sweet. I'm so glad he loves dad so much, that's really fun for him. Hope you get feeling better love you-

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love your lettuce and I am jelous that you get to pick so early. Miles must be sooo cute, as he sounds so sweet and cute. What a wonderful thing for Steve that he loves him so much and I love the u sound in the grands what fun! I miss seeing you and wish you were closer. I am so sorry about the potty thing, you could get your dad to put a tolit seat(I am sure he has so old ones) on a 5 gallon bucket and you could just empty it on the sandy grass outside. No one would be the wiser it would look like a water bucket and wash it out with the hose. As for the water take some ice water in a thermos. I don't think you should go without either as when we mature things like that can cause problems if we hold it off. I love you so much and I am looking forward to a visit and a trip to the Temple. Hugs and Kisses

Grandma, Nonnie said...

PS I forgot to mention Jake's house it looks really wonderful and comfortable, and Rubys room looks so neat and I am glad they are on flat ground again.

Megan and Greg said...

Cool sign. I love your lettuce, it never even needs dressing. It's the tastiest!

Lizzie said...

Thank you so much for putting pics of Jake's house. I LOVE old houses. I wish they had ones like that here. That architecture, the wood floors, the checkered floor, the windows, mouldings, etc. It's so cool. The outside is really cute too. I always forget how much green is in Oregon. I could feel the damp air just looking at those pictures. = )

Rebecca said...

Mom,
Thanks for the pics of Jakes house! The lettuce is so beautiful. I love you.

Kristi M. said...

Loved the pictures of Jake's house. I LOVE the personality of older houses. Built ins are awesome and eliminate the need for dressers and I love the old doors.I am in the process of painting ours now. We live in a house built in 1946 with a lot of the older things. We love it and to think that we are the 3rd owners is crazy. I also LOVE your garden. Gardening is one of my favorite things.

katy said...

What an awesome house. It looks like it would be a bit small. I can't believe how big it is. Sometimes you remind me of my mom. It seems like you have alot of the same hobbies as my her. She loves to garden. You even look like the same type of person. How cute. By the way, Your lettuce is beautiful.

HeidiT said...

I love the house pics! It is adorable with so much character. And your garden looks great, I've never really been a garden type of person put the older I get the more I want all of that fresh produce straight out of the garden!