Tuesday, October 26, 2010

After the Storm


We had the first big storm of the year. This morning I got up and the sky was awesome. I didn't catch it all, but if you look at the taller pic you can see the sun shining on the top of the clouds. It was so cool I had to take a pic of it. I love the storms if I don't have to go out in them. Sunday was the beginning and just as we got out of church the BIG hail/rain drops came down. It was hilarious, everyone started screaming and laughing and running to their cars.

By far one of the coolest things about living on the ocean is the moving postcard always out your window. I have so many pics I have never posted. I just can't resist.

I made Halloween cookies for the non gluten free grandkids today. I am hoping to get the gluten free ones made tomorrow. I decided a few years back that it didn't do me any good to have all those holiday cookie cutters if I don't use them. I bought them to do with my grandkids, but with them all living so far away I decided to just use them and the sprinkles myself and mail them.

Hope you all had a great day. Love you all!!

6 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Beautiful!!!! I love the coast in the storm. I am glad you made the cookies. They will love them Hug and kisses love you

Danielle said...

YOU are such a cool grandma! I love that you're sending cookies to the grandkids! And I LOVE those pics. It makes me miss home so much! I love you!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

Gorgeous pics. Good idea about the cookies.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that is really beautiful. you should have posted the cookies! I'm so glad we are traveling together- it will be so much mroe fun, and better- thankyoiu and i love you!

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous pics. An ever changing postcard. Wow.

We love your cookies and are excited to get them.

Love you.

Courtenay Beth said...

Beautiful!!! Which Grandies are gluten free? What kind of flours do you use? So curious and I would love a copy of your recipe, I am assuming sugar cookies? I haven't found one that I love yet for Gluten Free...
Anyway, love you!