Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hard Week, tomatoes, movie

Well, it is a strange how you can have a week where everything is great, and then for some odd reason, (lack of good scripture study for one big reason) I feel like crying every other minute. Then because I am so blessed I get the added feeling of guilt. I have already gone through menopause (that is for you Amy) and I still felt hormonal all week. I mentioned this to one of my fellow menopausal friends and she said, "well we still have hormones" . Ugghhh I thought it would be all over! WRONG! I decided to stop taking my natural herb pills to see if I didn't need them, MISTAKE!!! I have been having hot flashes and night sweats galore. So I think that all of that along with too much running faster than I have strength caught up with me. One day this week I called Amy and said, "I'm tired of my thougths I need to talk to someone." She immediately asked me if I was okay and I said" I repeat, I don't want to think about me its boring". Well, enough of that boring stuff.

I had some extra tomatoes so I made some "Italian Stewed Tomatoes" aren't they pretty! It only made 5, but that is 5 less canned tomatoes I need to buy. All of the veggies in the mix came from my greenhouse except for the onion.

Steve and I went to the movie for the first time in more than a year or more. Steve hated the seats in our theater and all the talking people. Well, Secretariat came out and our theater has been remolded so I got him to go. It was a great movie, you all have got to go! Steve liked the theater so maybe we will start going to the movie again! Yea!!

Church was amazing today. I was so moved from the beginning to the end. It was our Primary Program today, it was so good, I cried. I wished I could go and see all my grandkids in theirs. Steve leaned over at one point and said the same thing I was thinking. Sunday School was one of the most spiritual class I have been to in years. RS was wonderful also. I am amazed how you can have a day like that, then come home and not want to be spiritual. I hate that.

I am so tired of remodeling. We have had more tearing out of doors, etc. After we paint the new wall, I think we will be done! I need to put up some pics and then I think we will be ready to put up the signs.

Well, it is late! Love you all!!

4 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Oh my gosh, those tomatoe jars are SO ADORABLE, I want one just so I can display it! They are so cute!!!!!! I love the labels!!!! Sorry you had a rotten week, those are so annoying. WELL- you have learned your lesson like me and my siblings have with our prozac- don't get off of whatever is solving your health problem! It's like when you really think about it, why would we stop something that is working? Why?!!!!!! I say this because I have done this, and we all know how many times Rebecca has- (love you rebecca). I'm really excited for you to move, so you can move into your REAL home, and decorate adn do things how you want to for GOOD, rather than temporarily. I'm so glad church was so good for you today. I didn't feel good so I stayted home, and mike went and HE EVEN ADMITTED, (the guy who doesn't care for children) THAT IS WAS GOOD! I couldn't believe it, iw as so dissapointed I missed it, but I raelly needed the rest. danielle said they were learning a really beautiful song about the savior this year, i was excited to hear it. I agree, it woudl be SOooooo cute to see Tanner, Anna and Gracie singing up there and giving their parts. Sooooo cute. love you!

Danielle said...

LOVE the tomato jars! I immediately thought, that's it- I need to start a garden next year NO MATTER WHAT! Especially since Clay needs as fresh of food as possible! Sorry you are still hormonal:) I had to giggle a bit though just cause I think a woman is always a woman in the way that sometimes we just feel like crying...I could be wrong! But I think that is just the way it is:) Our program turned out great! I think that people really really liked it. I felt exhausted by the end of the day...and I wasn't even the one that was running the thing! Our sacrament was SO long because ONE- there were lots of extra people like grandparents there, and TW0- they had to bless the water 3 times. The first was a mess up, the second was right, the third was cause they ran out of water! And this whole time I was taking care of like eight 4-5 year olds. I feel tired just talking about it. Anyway- I love you! Good to see an update on the bloggy.

Lizzie said...

Oh I wish you could see our Primary Program too. Tanner will be one of the kids doing sign language to Follow the Prophet in the front. He is so good at it and loves it. We have sung that song every Monday night for FHE for almost a year now.

Your cans are gorgeous! If we move into that new house, I will have to have you show me how to garden...once again. =)

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you and I am sorry you have been having a blue time. I think we are sometimes that way, just because we are women and we can't help it if we are sometimes a bag of emotional feelings. We are emotional, and our emotions run high and low, as we DO still have hormones. So don't be so hard on yourself, take time for YOU and read your scriptures, and read something for pleasure. Take care of YOU!!!! I am glad you went to see that movie, dad and I loved it and dad kept saying in the movie, you go girl, when she stood up to the men. I thought he was funny. I think the tomatoes are yummy looking. Hugs and Kisses feel better love you