Sunday, October 31, 2010

My B-day and Scarlets Blessing Dress

Well, I am 54 years old! For some reason that seems weird. It is the first time in a long time that I thought my age was weird. I feel like it doesn't feel like anything. For quite some time now I have felt great to be in the shape I am in for my age. I have never been embarrassed to talk about my age. I am still not embarrassed it just seems odd.

Anyway this is us at my favorite restaurant by far since New York. So now if any of you ever get to go there you will be disappointed because I have built it up. But it is how I feel. The chef is a woman and she with her husbands help grows all that they can in their greenhouses, use only good beef, and fish, makes all her food from scratch, its just great! I love it. We shared the dessert, because it is too rich to eat it by yourself. You can't tell but it is a chocolate silk torte. Very rich and nummy!

I woke up on my b-day and it was gorgeous outside, a rare thing for my b-day. It is usually raining. Steve said, "why don't you go out for a walk?" I thought yea, why not. It has not been walking weather for a few weeks now. I found a good bakery and Steve volunteered to get me two scones for my breakfast while I went on a walk. I walked to the jetty, I must not have walked my normal pace, because Steve said he was about to go out in his truck and drive down the beach to find me. You gotta love a man that would say that with all sincerity. I then ate my two very delicious scones. One was a savory one, Parmesan and spinach, the other was blueberry. I normally would never eat two scones, but it was my b-day! So one tasted like breakfast the other dessert. Did I say it was delicious?! I now know where to get a scone when I am dying for one.

Steve gave me two days off for my b-day, no cooking, no Beach House bookings, no work. It was great. I have to admit, it was kind of strange not doing anything, I basically didn't do much of anything on my b-day, but on Saturday I couldn't stand the kitchen so I did the dishes and swept the floor. I had to make cupcakes for our Halloween party at church, so I did that also. Steve brought home some chicken breasts, so we watched the last Bourne movie and ate our dinner. We had watched the other two the two days before. After that I went into the sewing room, put on Gilmore Girls and finished little Scarlets Blessing Dress. Theres nothing quite like sewing and watching Gilmore Girls. Ahhhhhhh...... I loved the way the dress turned out!The back
Well, it was a great two days.
I got phone calls from all my kids and my mom and dad. It was great. Steve also gave me some cute little things from Williams Sonoma that I wanted. Here are the pocket pie molds. I wanted these because Steve will only eat one piece of pie, so I eat the rest of the pie. This way there is more control, and they are cute on top of it all.Here are the pocket pies, aren't they cute!!!!Then I got some little cutouts for a big pie Church was great today. Steve bore his testimony. It was wonderful, it was mostly about the atonement, several people came up to me and told me how wonderful it was and that they needed it. I saw others thank him personally also. I love watching him bear his testimony, especially at times like that, I realize all over again what a spiritual giant he is. Well, love you all!

8 comments:

Mindy said...

scarlets dress is adorable! I have seen those individual pie maker thingys in the williams sonoma magazine and just thought they were the cutest things. Happy late birthday wishes!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

AHhhhhhh where to begin- teh pic of you and Dad is soooooo cute! I lvoe it- I love that you guys are still in love after all these years, and holding hands, it is so sweet. dad was so sweet to you on your birthday, he is such a good man. That is so nice that he bore his testimony- such a rare thing in husbands- I wish mike bore his more. Your pie things are so adorable!!!!!! I JUST MIGHT HAVE TO GET SOME EVENTUALLY!!!!!! They are as cute as can be!!!!! And the leaf cutter things are so cute too. I will have to make some littel pies at your house. love you! Oh and the dress is SO GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi M. said...

Happy, happy birthday!! What a great day you were able to have. The little pie things are really cute. You are an amazing seamstress. Scarlet's dress is adorable. I love the red sash. Makes it a little different than the norm.

Danielle said...

I loved this post! I'm so glad your birthday was good. That pic is so cute of you and dad. I love that you are holding hands across the table. I LOVE those pie pockets! They are awesome! So cute! And the pie cutouts. AND Scarlet's dress! All of it is awesome. That is nice that dad bore his testimony. I love you!!!

HeidiT said...

Happy Birthday, sounds like you had a great weekend! MMMM, those scones sound so good - I have never had a savory one. The dress is adorable, I love the touch of red on it. And I have never seen the pocket pie molds. Such a great idea though - I usually only eat one piece too and then i feel like I waste the rest, I'll have to try those.

Rebecca said...

You are so pretty in your picture. I love that I look like you, and have your youthful look, I'm so lucky.
The dress is beautiful of course. I wouldn't expect anything different.

Love you.

Cannon's said...

Hi Aunt Sharon! Happy late Birthday! And can I just say...what a knockout you are for a 54 year old. You look amazing.
The dress is fabulous. You are so talented. Tell that Uncle of mine hello... Love you guys so very much!

Penny Cluff said...

Happy Birthday you old lady. Liked the mini pies, but more than anything, I loved the REAL pictures of your family. I had a good laugh. Looks like you had a great reunion.