Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tomatoes

I have so many things to post, I have pics from a year ago. I might still post them because one of these days I will make one of those cool books from my blog, and I don't want those memories completely lost.

Loved, Loved, loved Conference. I am so excited now for the conf issue to come out. I want to study it.

For now, I am going to post my Spaghetti sauce! I had all these tomatoes so I wanted to do something with them. So I drove myself crazy trying to decide if I wanted to just can tomatoes or make Spaghetti sauce. I use my canned tomatoes for Italian type stir fry, or Spaghetti sauce. So the sauce won. If I get more tomatoes, which I assume I will, I will can some Italian style tomatoes! Well, here are my jars! I put my labels on two different ways, I think I like the ones on the front of the jars better. What do you think?About a week and a half ago, I went to my greenhouse and hit pay dirt! There were lots more peppers in the bottom of the basket. I think next year I will plant more tomatoes. But we will see. One of my plants died early becuase of the way I pruned and staked them. I'm trying one more new method next year. If it doesn't work I am going to try the kind that hang from the ceiling.

Well there are lots more things I want to blog, but I think I will try to do a little every day.
love you all!!

7 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

oh my gosh the jar with the label on teh front is adorable! I love it! I want one just for decor. How fun and cute! And tasty- how wonderful, I'm so happy for you! I was looking forward to you talking about conference and hearing what you got out of it, I guess you decided not to. Love you-

Megan and Greg said...

Wow, Mom. That's cool. The veggies look beautiful.

Megan and Greg said...

Oh yeah, like the sticker on the side.

Danielle said...

I love everything! I wish I lived by you so I could eat all that yummminess! I dunno why- but I like the stickers on the top of jar the best!!! I just think it's cute. But it really does look cute both ways- I love that you guys do stickers on the jars. Sooooo fun. I love you!!!!

Lizzie said...

Wow. Your jars are beautiful. There's nothing like looking at your jars freshly canned. I like the ones with the sicker on the front the best. How cool. You and Dad are so self-reliant...just like your dream was when you first got married. = ) It's coming to pass. You just need a cow for cheese, milk and butter.

Those pics you took of Meg and her baby are amazing Mom. They look so good.

Love you!!!

Rebecca said...

Wow Mom. I love the labels. They are so pretty. I like the label on the front. It looks so artisan. I am jealous of all your vegetables. Love you.

Aliese the Writer said...

I love it! It is just like the way you can tuna. I wish I was there to help. I like both ways but I think for that kind of thing the label looks better on the front. Maybe. I just love how you do this. I think it's so cool. And I bet it's yummy too! :)