Sunday, October 10, 2010

Great Day

The last couple of days have been so wonderful. In fact it has just been a great week. First I spent the early part of the week cleaning my garage. Now I know this sounds boring, but if you are like me and like to be efficient, things like this give me a high! Crazy I know. I will post a pic, but only my family will appreciate it. I forgot to take a before pic.

Then I went to WW's on Thursday, that is always a great day. After went to the greenhouse, picked a bunch of veggies, put some stuff from the garage in our attic at the Idaho Street house and then went home.

Yesterday I went to Lincoln City. Now for those of you that don't know anything about the coast, this is like going to the BIG city for me. They have a Jo-Ann's there and Outlet mall and if you are into Cold Stone ice cream (which strangely enough I'm not) you get the picture. Big city life for me! The town probably has about 11,000 people in it, but it is a tourist town. Since I don't get to go to Jo-Ann's very often it feels like Christmas every time I go. I went to the outlet mall for unmentionables, I need some after losing some more weight. I bought some cool fabric that I will post later, some patterns for .99 each, dropped my friend off and then went to Freddies! Could this day get any better. I got a pair of Steve's cool pants (being sarcastic of course) which Freddies has been out of for a while-on sale! Oh I forgot to mention that I spent 58.0o at Jo-Ann's and saved are you ready...128.83!!! Is that crazy or what! Anyway, I got some really cute shoes from Freddies. I have been wearing the same pair of black pumps since Lizzie was in high school. Lizzie is 30 years old! Picked up some shrimp and bread. Came home and cooked up some of my yummy squash, cut up my yummy tomatoes and had strawberries for dessert. It was wonderful!

Today I talked to Rebecca for a couple of hours, which is always a treat. While I was talking to her I was getting my patterns ready for my fitting class on Monday. I am so psyched about that!! Then did odds and ends.

Somewhere in there I read Pres Monson's article in the Ensign and besides being very moved and spiritually filled I couldn't stop thinking about how grateful I am to live today with all the modern media we have. Not so many years ago, I wouldn't have been able to talk to Rebecca for basically free for two hours. I wouldn't have been able to download the Ensign from the Internet ( I accidentally let mine expire). I wouldn't have been able to watch conference in my home last week without the dish. I could go on and on. I am very grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that sent me down at this time and inspired men to create these things for us. The media gets a bad rap. But like anything good in this world, Satan will use it. BUT we don't have to use it for bad things, especially when there is still plenty of good. Today Steve watched "Where the Red Fern Grows" on instant play Netflix on our TV with just a push on the the button on our remote control. How cool is that.

Will post some pics of my cool things later. Life is good!

Love you all!

7 comments:

Megan and Greg said...

Glad you're feeling good. My little one won't stay asleep and I just want to go to bed!!!! I'm with you. I'm so glad I live now. Technology is awesome.

Jess said...

Cody and I were just talking about how we are glad that we are on earth now but how easy it can be to get caught up in a world of instant gratification. Sure glad we have the gospel to keep us focused on the important things that take good old fashioned work!

Danielle said...

I'm so happy to hear all of that. Sounds wonderful- I can't wait to see your new shoes! I do have to say...WHY did it take that long to get new black pumps?!?!?! Crazy. I also love technology. I love you so much.

Lizzie said...

You sound good Mom. You finally get some normal life for a while before the holidays kick in. Love you so much!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That's nice! can't wait to see what you make with your fab. love you-

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am happy for you that you are doing well, after all of the parade of company you have had. It is wonderful, to get things organized for winter and to have a garage that you can move around in again, not to mention park. The food sounds great. I am looking forward to Sat. Call me on Fri, or e-mail me the time again. Love you more each day

Rebecca said...

I'm so happy for you that things have calmed down and things are so good. I also love my cell phone, my computer, my abilities to homeschool so easily. We are so blessed. I love you.