Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Decorating for Christmas

The Saturday after Thanksgiving I set up the tree for Christmas. I was behind the tree doing something and bending down . I stood up and without paying attention when I stood up I turned really quickly and hit my head harder than I can ever remember. Steve asked me what happened and I finally said "I can't talk". Finally after I got it together we could not believe how big the goose egg was. I had Steve take pics of it. I wish I had taken pics a week later. The ugliness spread down to my eyelid and is still there. I still have a sharp bump on my head. Steve said it was a good thing I didn't hit my nose or it for sure would have been broken. Enjoy!
A few days later I had Steve help me get down the Santa's. It looked so cute and funny so we had to take a pic of them. Of course this isn't all of them, several I had already put in other places.Well, more another day!

8 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I am sorry you hurt yourself. Your dad is always banging his head, but he says his is hard of course I don't think his is any harder than ours, just don't say that to him. I hope your eye gets better soon. I have been pretty sick as I have ahd a really nasty asthmatic bronchites and I am still coughing, and the whole scene has put me behind on my projects. The santa are really cute and there are a few of them ha! love you hugs

AMY AND MIKEY said...

HAHAH I love that pic of all the santas, it's like they're getting together for a meeting about christmas or something. So funny. YOUR HEAD! Oh my gosh mom! that is awful! and like dad said, I'm so glad it wasn't your nose or eye, My gosh, that is awful! I"m so sorry! I love you! Can't wait to see the house decorated, I always thought that house would look so cool at christmas time. love you!

Danielle said...

Oh my gosh! That goose egg! I'm sorry, but it just made me kinda laugh cause it just seems so like us...just the other day I was walking out of our bedroom and it was dark, and i ran straight into the open door...head first. And then those Santas are so cute! I love them! So excited to visit! LOVE YOU!

Megan and Greg said...

Man, that bump is crazy! I just realized Scarlet is gonna be all over your santas. I hope she doesn't hurt any of them.

Aliese the Writer said...

I love the pumpkins in the last post and the capes for Miles are so fun! That's so cool! I love all your Santa's! That's so cool. I wish we could go to your house for Christmas sometime. I can't believe that you've been living in that house for two years and we've been there once! We haven't visited you in so long. Oh well. I'm so sorry you got hurt! It looks so awful! I can't believe that it was worse than that! I'm so sorry. Love you! :)

Lizzie said...

Wow! You have so many santas!!! I knew that, but it looks so different when they're all together. Your house seems perfect for Christmas decorating...with all of the wood. So cute.

Your head....ouch. I'm glad you're okay.

Kristi M. said...

The picture of the Santa'a made me chuckle. They look like they are in a meeting or ready to line up for something important. That's a lot of jolly guys. That bump is so big. Brecken bumps is head all of the time and I have never seen anything that big come from it. Wow!

HeidiT said...

Wow, that is one big bump! I'm glad you took that Santa picture - it is pretty funny to see them all gathered like that.