Saturday, December 17, 2011

Kamut and "Nativity"

Today I cooked up some Kamut. The amount of water Chef Brad said to put in was too much. I was wondering if my Pressure Cooker was broken. It is chewy and tasty. It tastes like grain. I want to try a salad with it for dinner, but I have been working too hard and am tired by dinnertime. Megan and I bought these cool spoon strainers. First time I used it, pretty cool!

Steve talked me into buying all my Christmas food and etc. here locally. I'm glad. I was going to either stop on my way to get the kids for Christmas that would be the 23rd-way to crazy for me. So I thought I'll just go this week to Albany just to get the food and come straight back. That's when Steve said, how much more would it be when you consider the gas and the time. I realized he was right. I need to stay here. I have so much to do, not counting the wear and tear on me because of the driving.

I watched Nativity on Netflix tonight! FUN! Corney, not an acdemy award winner, but sweet great British humor. If you have'nt seen it, check it out!

love you all!

5 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

You are getting a lot more wisdom, hmmm I wonder if you could be getting older and a little wiser. It happens and I think we are a lot easier on ourselves and quit expecting so much of ourselves. Much better and we do need to enjoy Christmas, and stop and realize what Christmas really means. We don't need to do so much that we are too worn out for the REAL CHRISTMAS. I DID IT TO MYSELF FOR TOO MANY YEARS. I love you so much the food looks so yummy, wish I could eat some of it. What are we having for Christmas day dinner now???? Let me know if I can help. I have decided to be easier on me and quit staying up so late sewing, and I will do the three youngest for next year, I am running out of time. I will be home monday evening, and most of the day on Tues. I got packages in the mail on Thurs, and that is when I decided that some could wait until next year. That way I will start in the beginning of the year and get it done before Nov. Hugs call me and let me know. Love you

Danielle said...

Haha...you crack me up with lengths you want to go to sometimes to save a few dollars :) I think the effort saved is worth the extra money paid! That spoon looks REALLY cool. I'm excited to try some of these grains when I come visit. And I'll have to watch that movie. Love you!!!

Lizzie said...

Fun Mom! you've tried so many grains! I agree with dad. how fun you're having so many people out!

Aliese the Writer said...

I will have to check out that movie. Love you!:)

Rebecca said...

Grocery shopping...not my favorite thing. It takes so much time. I can't imagine always having to go far away. Yuck. I really need to start cooking up grains like you. Your pics are beautiful. Have you done much with beans in the pressure cooker? Love you.