Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Grief

Today (Tuesday, it is way to late to be posting!) was a strange day. I got up early, exercised, started to read my scriptures, and at 3:30 still hadn't finished my scriptures, was still in my exercise clothes, still sitting in my bedroom trying to finish my scriptures, taking phone calls from family and soliciters, wishing I didn't own a cell phone. The cell phone would ring, then the regular phone would ring, (one right after the other) then call waiting would click in. I'm not complaining, just reporting. Amidst all this tears would come. I thought because I was so happy yesterday that I wasn't going to have to grieve, I assumed I had done that years ago when the grandma I knew was fading. Surprise, I don't get out of it! Its okay, Elder Oaks said the deeper the grief the deeper the love. I realize all over again, it is a part of mortality and no one gets out of it. So I will walk through it.

I love you all!! ( that includes my adopted blog daughters!)

4 comments:

Patty said...

Dear Sharon, So sorry to hear of your loss. I remember how sad I was when each of my Grandmas passed away because they had been such a big part of my everyday life. I know that they are looking down on us and helping us. Take care and I will keep you in my prayers.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

It has been hard yesterday and today for me. I seem to be getting brain dead. I love you and am looking forward to seeing you. Love Mom

Not quite the Bradys said...

Sharon, I am so sorry for your loss. I wanted to say that on your last post but you seemed so upbeat I didn't want to put a damper on it. You and your family are in my prayers. Love, Amy

Cara_Cude said...

Hey sharone I am so sorry for your loss. I do know that you are strong and God is strong. She is doing better. You are in my prayers. I love you, Cara.