Thursday, October 9, 2008

Beautiful day, tea set

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, and since Pres. Monson said to take joy in the journey, I decided to take advantage of the day and go out and read my scriptures. It was windy and a little cold, but it was so pretty. So I set up an umbrella and settled in. After I finished my scriptures I went in and got a book and read outside for a couple of hours. I finally finished a book that I wished I had never taken from a weight watcher member. I was glad in some ways I read it,but in general it was torturous in the sense that I wondered if I could ever get through it! I have decided I will politely say to anyone but family from now on, "thank you for offering, but I have a stack of books I am trying to get through." It was a great day. I am trying to get back into gear. I feel like I am still trying to catch up on sleep.

On a fun note, when the Leslie's were here I noticed I don't have enough tea cups anymore for tea parties, I have dishes, just not tea cups. They obviously are easier to drop or break. Soooo I went online and found some beautiful sets that would go with mine and that you could buy extra cups. Well, when my mom and Amy came we all decided that maybe I should just get extra cups from second hand stores and have an "eclectic" set. When the Leslie's and my mom and I went to a second hand store we found some children's tea cups and some beautiful children size serving dishes for a reasonable price so we bought some. On the way up to the counter, I managed to drop one of the 4 matching tea cups and break it. So I now have 3 new tea cups and 4 tea plates. Anyway I am excited about having lots of fun different tea cups and some fun new serving dishes (we were always having to use my real dishes, boring!). Here are our finds! The one in the upper right was the only one I spent more than 2 dollars on, it was so pretty I couldn't resist. The 3 tea cups and saucers were $8.00 for the whole set. Tomorrow we are off to Portland for Miles b-day party, should be fun. Well, I love you all!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

How cute! I noticed you said "we" when noting you are going to go to Miles b-day. Thank goodness! The beach is so beautiful. I love it. And miss it. I'm glad you have been relaxing more. You need it. I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

Super cute tea stuff! I wish I could go to Mile's party. So fun! I love yoU!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Was so glad to see you tonight, at the party. Little Miles is so sweet and cute. He really did chow down on the cake. I hope you got home safe. We missed the I-5 south turn off and ended up on the 205 just before it turns to I-5 I don't think it took much longer just dark and somewhat lost:-( oh well looking forward to a week away. I love you

AMY AND MIKEY said...

cute!!! wish I could have gone to the party- I was too sick. loved the pics- thanks for posting!- love you-