Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tools

I am so grateful to live today with all the tools that Heavenly Father has given to us to be able to withstand the trials of the day. I look at the world we live in right now and if you watch the news it can be overwhelmingly scary. In my opinion it is overinflated and sensationalized so we will continue to watch it. And then Satan will have an upper hand in our life because we will live in fear. I believe in being informed, but I think it is important to watch or read just enough and not make it a steady diet.

On the other hand I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has given us TV to watch Conference in our own homes, to have the Internet to look up things we need to know at the tip of our fingers. To have all our manuals at our fingertips in our homes and on the Internet. I am so grateful that our leaders are always looking for ways to help us combat the worlds influences if we will just take advantage of them. I am so grateful for the BYU channel that gives me opportunity to learn ever more about the gospel, to be uplifted when I am feeling down. Last night I didn't want to go to sleep, and I watched 3 wonderful programs that answered questions that I had been asking for help in my prayers with.

I think it is no coincidence that at this very time when our economy is struggling that our lesson in RS and Priesthood is about trials and how to weather them and be grateful for them, as they bring us closer to Christ. I admonish all of you to read lesson 19 if you haven't. Even if you do get to attend RS read the lesson for yourself, I found it sobering , comforting and uplifting. It brings true hope. I am so grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith, I look forward to seeing him again after this life.

I love you all so very much. I am so grateful to be a mother and have such wonderful children! I am truly blessed. I am so grateful for the Internet, so we can have blogs. I am very excited about our book club, it is one more step in unity, which was talked about so often in this last conference.

I am grateful for a loving Savior and wonderful Prophets who dedicate their lives in our behalf. I feel truly blessed in this life!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

We are all blessed! It's true! I love you so much! Thanks for sharing that!!!

Lizzie said...

So true. I actually did get to go to RS this week and listen to that lesson, but maybe I should read the manual also. I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I read it, and it was very good.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I loved the lesson Sun in RS and what you said is so true. Amen I love you and I am tired of the news media. We are truly blessed with all of the good things in our lives that the Gospel brings. I love you mom

Rebecca said...

Your garage looks amazing, the shelf in your bathroom is adorable and I loved Mile's Bday. Great blogs. I looking forward to reading lesson 19. Thanks for the suggestion, I seem to be subbing a lot in Primary lately, so I've missed several lessons. I agree about the news. I hardly ever watch it anymore. I hardly even listen to talk radio any more, and used to all the time. It's just too depressing. Love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Mother, if I see "Tools" one more time I will never check you post again. You need to post your trip!!!!!!!!! love you!

Danielle said...

Mom- it's been weeks. Time to update................!!!