Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...It is about learning to dance in the rain... Anonymous

Monday I went into our messy, dangerous closet under the stairs and just about tripped on a cabinet I bought about 3 years ago at Target. First it was out in the garage for about a year and then the next three years it was under the stairs. When I just about tripped on it I thought, this is stupid, I am going to put this up today. So I did! It took about 2 hours or more, but worth every minute and dings in the wall to do it. I now have feminine products out of sight and a cute toilet room to boot!! The cabinet with the doors open!Lovely feminine products now hiddenFor those that have been in my toilet room, you will appreciate how clean and tidy the floor area is now!View as you walk by, I know silly, but I am still excited about it!

After that great feeling I moved onto our garage! I pulled my car out for some reason one day, and that was a mistake!!! Steve's fishing stuff and a trip to costco started a mess. Thankfully it wasn't near as bad as last time so I got a good start on Monday and finished it yesterday! It looks so cool and feels so good it's hard just not to stand in there.The blue tape on the floor is where our new generator is going to go.
I realized I had never blogged all my tuna, acutally there were three more cases where the holes are, a couple of cases on the counter and two more cases on the shelf on the wall. But you get the picture. Now I am on a mission... to finally tackle all the things that have been driving me crazy, in the order of whatever I feel like that day. I am tired of procrastinating this experience, because I think there is a "right" order to organize my house in! Crazy I know. I think the next thing may be my bathroom, closet and decor in my bedroom! I am pretty excited.

I was debating on whether to keep being a WW leader, and after lots of thought and talking to Steve, I decided that I need to and want to keep doing it. I was frustrated with my weight, and was doing the typical reaction to those feelings-there must be a way out or at least an easier way. As Steve talked I could feel the spirit telling me that what he was saying was true. He told me before he even started talking that he had said a little prayer while I was talking to help him say what needed to be said. It wasn't the easiest thing to hear, but it was all true. I just need to accept and be grateful that I have a tool like ww's to help me with a problem I have had all my life and will never go away. To think that it will ever be easy is not real life. I have realized life was never meant to be easy we just need to learn to find ways with the help of the Lord to make it better. Like the quote in my title, I need to learn to dance more!

Yesterday when I woke up there was the coolest moon out, I had to share it!Well, life is great! Love you all!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Everything looks great! Love the quote! I commented on the post about miles birthday but i messed it up and deleted it and then never posted again- ANYway- loved that one too. The pics and stories were sooo cute! I love you!!!

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you so much and amen to all you said about ww. I have put up with being tops leader for the better part of a year, however I have lost and regained and lost again and kept off only about 9 lbs since I joined. So I have wanted to quit many times in these last 9 months, but each time I have thought again, what if I had gained these pounds in the last 9 months and more and I would have, if I hadn't had to face everyone. So it has been a good thing even though I am disappointed in myself with the amount, but I would be much more unhappy with the other result, if this makes sense? So no life isn't easy and it isn't fair, but we all have our struggles, I don't know how many times I have had my friends say to me how can you stand all of the health trials you put up with and be so cheerful and upbeat and I always reply that it could be much worse. So could the weight problem, so we as you have said need to be grateful for the blessing we have from the tools we are given to work with and the success that we have working them. It is hard for me, but for what it is worth to you I am always so proud that you have been succesful with the weight problem and I know it is very hard. I am so thankful that you have been able to keep it off for the past few years, and I hope I can do better with the problem. Be grateful that you have the strength to do all that you do, the exercise, callings, canning, organizing, cleaning, mothering, grandmothering,and the wife you are to Steve, not to mention the wonderful sister and daughter you are. Because if you couldn't serve all of these things, you would be sad, take it from one who knows and can't do all that she used to. I love you so very much and am grateful to have you for my daughter. I know that our Heavenly Father will countinue to bless you. Mom PS I think the cabinet is lovely, and the garage really neat! Keep up the good work.

Megan and Greg said...

That is a wild moon. Yeah, I walked to work this morning and the moon was out and shining SO BRIGHT!!! I thought for a moment, "Did I get up 12 hours too early?" But I passed a man on the street that I do every morning so I thought, "He's up, it must be the right time." I don't think I've ever seen the moon in the morning before! I'm glad for all your house stuff! The bathroom looks great! And the garage!!! Wow woman! Bravo! I really liked that quote. I've been feeling lousy this morning, I know it's just in my head and I just need to be happy! I love you! I'm gonna see you in a week and a half! I'm excited!