Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Leslie visit!

Well, I have decided as hard as it is, the best way to blog is the day it happens, so I will have to say to the kids or make myself stay up late and blog each day! I have too many pics and not enough memory to tell you about each one. So some are just cute and some are very artistic, it is up to you to take the time to tell which is which! :-)

We had a great week, packed and yet pretty laid back. We watched lots of movies with the kids, and they watched a lot on their own. We played on the beach the two days the sun shined (thankfully we did!) We went to the aquarium and had some great firsts for me and them at the aquarium. One I can repeat for the next visits is the seal lion feeding time, great fun the seal lions did tricks for their food! A fun time with the birds that was purely chance and I can't remember the last. Oh I just remembered. At the end of the aquarium time with me I always let the kids smash a penny in the machine. I always thought it was pure chance what picture it imprinted on the penny. Rebecca noticed a BIG RED arrow showing and explaining how to pick the picture you wanted on your penny! Oh well! We had of course a tea party with biscuits that we cut out into shapes that Aliese made. She is a very good cook! We had jam and lemon curd. We had hot chocolate and whip cream. We had carrots, a strawberry, banana salad, and little petits fours glazed with lemon (nummy). It was all delicious and fun. Our conversation lasted quite a long time. We had a hard time remembering our names, maybe we will have to do name tags next time! The girls went crabbing with Steve and Darin. While they were crabbing Amy, Rebecca, and I went on this great hike! I loved it I want to go back when the rhododendrons are in bloom. I also want to take everyone on it when they come next.We went to lunch after at a quaint delicious restaurant then went shopping. My parents came and the girls were wishing they had been there longer, they can never get enough of Poppie and Nonnie. We went to an old lighthouse that I hadn't heard of until this year. It is by the bay. The girls really liked it. I think you would need to be at least about 7 yrs old to enjoy it. We went to the candy store 3 times! I think I sadly may have a new bad habit, I don't know, we'll see! Went to some second hand stores looking for additions to my tea set. We went to some souvenir stores. Played some games, I feel like I am forgetting something wonderful. Lots of pancakes and waffles. It was a great week. I felt like I finally got to know Gracie, the bigger the family the longer it takes to get to know the youngest one I have noticed. Now there are a heck of a lot of pics below. I know they say less is more, and I usually believe that with every fiber of my being. BUT, maybe it's the grandma in me I don't know, but I took 241 pictures, got rid of the bad ones and cut down to what I would post and still it is way too much. If you don't want to see them all at least scroll down to the sunset pics, not of the ocean, but of the evening sun on the girls hair, it is beautiful.

Well, here goes the pics...... Such a typical Rebecca face!I love these kind of picsThis is my modern art picAnna found this sand that felt like paper it was really weirdI love action picsThe girls are touching baby tiger sharksYes I was there!There was a Puffin that was taking a bath and Gracie was very facinated with it, and I think the Puffin got a kick out of her and got so close she could've touched it. The worker reassured Rebecca that the Puffin wouldn't hurt her so she got really close to it. Then it started flapping so hard it got water on the girls as you can see, it was really funny.Dad and Gracie were playing with the Disney Polly'sTea party timeAmy did Aliese and Anna's hair, it was really prettyWell that was it! If you made it to the end, good for you! Love you all!!!

7 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Absolutly Perfect!!! I loved every picture, and I know you had fun taking them. Aren't they beautiful I love you so much

Danielle said...

Loved the pictures! You took some really good ones! I love the sunset ones!

Lizzie said...

Wow Mom. I've been checking everyday since you told me you took those pictures. They look gorgeous...the pictures and the girls. I love the action ones and the sunset ones. They are amazing Mom. I know what you mean about it being hard to pick just a few to post. So excited for you to come! Tanner talks about you coming every single day (I probably shouldn't have told him already...oh well).

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh, great post. I can't believe how beautiful those girls are! And they're not even teenagers yet!!! You have such a great camera! Those action shots! Crystal clear! I can't believe the girls hair! How did Amy do that! I should know how to do that. It was great talking on the skype. Love you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Great pics- great post- love you!

Megan and Greg said...

Cute pics, thanks for sharing.

--Greg

Rebecca said...

Beautiful pictures and blog. Thanks mom. Love you.