Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Grandma's in the hospital, Danielles and Gracies b-days

Well, I am sitting in my bedroom watching Idol Gives Back, it is very humbling, and I wonder when Heavenly Father is going to ask us to go on a mission. I realize it will never be convenient, I really do want to go, that in itself is very scary, I didn't want to go before but wanted to be obedient.

Well, my mom is in the hospital. She has been there since Monday night. I wanted to find out what was wrong before I worried everyone. She started to faint, and her pressure was really low, so they took her to the hospital. They did tests on Tuesday and Today. It is interesting they don't really know what is wrong, but they think it will help to put a defibrillator on her that also has a tiny pacemaker in it. That is the simple explanation, Darin you ought to call her you would find it very interesting. It is a new thing. It shocks her heart if it stops beating. The pacemaker part helps regulate her heartbeat. They think that is what her heart is stopping temporarily. The doctor is only 35 years old, but amazing they say. They are moving her to Sacred Heart tomorrow, I will post the phone # when I get it. In the meantime, my dad seems to be at the hospital most of the time so you could call his phone,541-554-4175. The surgery should be Friday, but may be next week. She is actually very good right now, but they don't want to take a chance that these episodes will continue. One cool thing is if it works, she will be able to walk without getting out of breath as easily, so therefore she could exercise more and make her heart stronger. Pretty cool. I don't want you to worry about her, but obviously keep her in your prayers. I will let you know when I know when the surgery is. She will be in the hospital until next week sometime, so those of you in the valley might want to take turns going into see her so she won't go berserk with boredom. I will be in town on Friday. I am going to help Amy with some cooking for her freezer and hopefully if Meg has time, get my hair cut.

While I was in Idaho, I got to spend Danielle's b-day with her, first time since she turned 17. I was really glad it worked out coincidently to be coming home from Disneyland just in time for her b-day. I got cheated in having her home for her 18th b-day, so it was nice to be with her this year. We had a lot of fun. Rebecca for the 3rd year in a row fixed her dinner and a cheesecake. I am so grateful to have the wonderful children that I have. If I say I need one of you, you are there. That means more to me than you know. I brought Gracie's b-day presents also, so the pics of her are her opening her b-day presents. Her b-day is the day after Danielle's.

Beautiful DanielleClays family came, it was so nice to be able to spend some time with them.Clay's beautiful sistersGorgeous Clay and DanielleCute GracieGracie loves Aliese and Anna's "Baby Alive" so I got her things for Baby AliveI got her preemie size disposable diapers, same brand as hers, she was pretty excitedHere she is feeding baby alive a drinkIt was a great night. I loved every minute of my trip. I appreciated Steve being so willing for me to have that experience, he's the GREATEST!

3 comments:

Patty said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. It just always seems like there is one thing after another with families. But it sounds like she will be okay. Loved visiting with you and having dinner at Rebecca's for Danielle's bday. Take care. bye now.

Rebecca said...

Great pics. I have to say Gracie is pretty cute. I'm glad Grandma will feel better after this. Love you.

Grandma, Nonnie said...

I love you Sharon, thanks for being such a great daughter. I hope that this all works out well. Love Mom