Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Weekend , Steve's b-day and dish rags!

Well, from the stack above you can tell what I have been doing!!! I have been watching a lot of TV. My sister and Patty say if I am knitting while watching TV it is not wasting time, and my sister jokingly said if I was watching the History Channel then I am definitely not wasting my time. I told her that I actually was watching the History Channel part of the time. I actually have been doing less sitting and more doing. But I have definitely caught the knitting bug. Steve's says I look like a grandma when I am knitting in my glasses, I said,"well I am a grandma!"

Yesterday was one of those amazing day's that at the end of the day you feel very tired, but great. I did a little of everything, including working in my greenhouse for 40 min. I washed clothes and actually folded them, did the dishes, cooked meals, read my scriptures, worked on my calling, read out of Jane Eyre (which I am reminded why I always feel a soft spot when I think about it), watched Ellen while I folded clothes, knitted, watched the last Little House the movie with Steve and last but not least watched American Idol.

Speaking of American Idol, it is getting harder and harder to vote people off. I am anxious about tonights show.

Sunday was Steve's b-day. It was just the two of us. I had meetings all day, I felt bad for him, he went to church alone, came home to an empty house until I finally got home at 5:00. I made him cubed steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and salad. I already made the chocolate pie the night before. He ate so much at dinner he never wanted his pie. Finally as he was about to go to sleep, I said I have to sing to you! So I got out a candle, lit it held it up in front of his face, while he was laying on the couch and sang happy birthday to him. He took his sweet time blowing it out. Finally the next day he ate some pie. I had some on his b-day.

Well, that's about it, Saturday was just busy getting ready for Sunday. I did have a neat experience on Saturday. I have been very negligent in my calling. I think fear of the whole scouting thing made me paralyzed. I lost something that was very important to me that had to do with the 11yr. old boy day camp. I had searched the house over. Well, after I had put in several hours on Saturday working on getting ready for my Pres mtg. and brushing up on my handbooks, I found the thing I had been looking for while I was looking for something entirely different. I almost started crying. I knew that HF was displeased with me for ignoring my calling. After putting in just that little bit of time, I felt like he handed me that gift for finally doing my job. He is amazing, I don't think we are quite that quick to forgive!

Well, I am loving Jane Eyre for the 3rd time. If you have never read it, put it on your list. Oh we also watched Dan in Real Life, it was cute, we enjoyed it. Dad would like it mom. Well, hope you are all well!
Love you all!

7 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Well I forgot Steve's b-day, so will send a card off soon. I have been very busy, went to the Heart Failure Clinic yesterday, and Tops today. Lost a pound in the three weeks, at least I didn't gain one. I love it that you are knitting, I think you will get more into it as you get more info about it. Millie Glacier really knits beautiful things. I love them. I think it's wonderful that you find time for TV and still get all of your other stuff done. A good thing as Martha would say. I did the scout thing and it was really hard for me and I know the calling is more exacting now. I think it would be a tough calling. You will get the hang of it. Love Mom

Megan and Greg said...

Mom . . . where is your knitting picture!?! Excited to see you guys!

Danielle said...

Oh mother. I need to call. I was thinking that I hadn't talked to you in a while today. First off- I LOVE that you are knitting and I LOVE your confidence with age and the fact that you were just fine with dad saying you look like a grandma. Lots of people would think that is a rude comment (which of course it isnt) but you know what I mean? I just love your confidence and happiness with aging. Second- that dinner sounds delish! You are so cute for singing to dad like that. I love you very much and miss you!!!

Megan and Greg said...

If I knew how good this post was gonna be I would have read it yesterday!!! I can't believe Dad didn't eat his pie! What is going on in the world! Poor guy, I didn't realize he was alone the whole day. Good job getting a million things done. It's amazing what we actually CAN do sometimes. Your day was very impressive.

Dad . . . I loved your comment on our post. I miss you already too. We'll see you in a couple days!

Megan and Greg said...

I know it's a little late Mom, but your shoes are cute and I LOVE the colorful rags! They seem fiesta-y or something. Bright and fun!

Rebecca said...

Love the rags! I hope I get one for my B-Day. Love you. Miss you.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

that is so cool that you are knitting. that's cool you got alot done. I LOVED Dan in real life. I love that movie. better the more you watch it kind of movie. I love you.