Saturday, April 26, 2008

New workout dvd

Oh my gosh! I got this new WW DVD, and is it ever challenging. As you can see it says intermediate level, and it is! It takes cardio and weight training to a whole new level. She is younger, and looks like a body builder. Polly my receptionist told me it was hard, and she does heavier weights than I do, soooo I bought it and tried it this week. Steve was wincing one minute and laughing the next, because I was saying things like, "I can't do this, this is killing me, agghhhh!" You've got the picture. Anyway for the first time ever I actually liked doing weight resistance training. I guess it has to feel like its killing me for me to like it. What does that say about me?! I think I needed a challenge and when you actually make it to the end it gives you that high that makes you feel good about yourself.

The sun is shining!!! I hope it lasts. I am soooo tired of gray skies and ocean. It was cool for a while, then it became so depressing. I think this is the longest winter in years we have all had!!! I am ready for it to be over.

I started a scarf out of this thread Danielle left here and after I had knitted for quite sometime on it, I realized I was going to run out of thread before I finished the scarf. Danielle bought that when she was in high school to make a scarf for me. I am pretty sure without going to the store that there isn't the same thread there today. So I took it all out!!! and rolled it back up. I decided I will do it again later but make it not as wide. So instead I made another dish rag! Speaking of the wonderful and useful dishrags, you need to tell me if you would like a white one, or colored ones if one were to show up at your houses? If you would like a surprise, let me know what color! The advantage of the white is you can bleach it, but I have to say the colored ones are fun!

Megan and Greg are coming today, I am excited. Well, love you all and hope you have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

There is sun here today too! That workout dvd sounds cool- do you think I would like it? If I were to get a surprise in the mail I think I would like it to be....red, white, or both. I love you and miss you! Have fun with megan! I'm jealous!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I would like red. Because my other dish cloths are red. BUT if the rags truley bleach out, then white is good too. I love you! That's cool about the dvd.

Rebecca said...

Wow, you sound so strong and tough! I would love rags, and I would love colors, preferably darker colors that won't stain as easily or as obviously. Love you.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

Ok, clearly your posts are written more for your kids, but I still love to hear how you are doing! I hope your nice coastal weather holds up through next weekend - Sean got a free weekend at a lakehouse in Lincoln city and we're really looking forward to going!
And in response to your workout DVD, I am totally with you when it comes to lifting heavy weights. If I'm going to lift, I have to go 'hard-core'. None of those little 2lb. dumbbells they always show in the women fitness magazines!

Anonymous said...

Good words.