Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tagged

I think everyone knows these answers, but maybe not. It been a great weekend. I went to Amy's and helped her get some muffins and bread made to put in the freezer, made dinner for them and Meg and Greg. Went to Penelope definitely worth seeing!! Spent the night, got up went to Stake Women's conf, that was wonderful, then drove home. I am excited to be home and don't want to go anywhere for a while! The weather was gorgeous yesterday, but is gone now. :-( Oh well, someday the sun will shine for more than a couple of days. I am hoping to plant some veggies this week. One of the classes I went to talked about doing more of the thing you love and finding a way to share that as a gift to others- getting rid of things you really don't do and don't really want to do. I am going to ponder those thoughts. Church was great, I hate to admit it, but it felt good just to be loved and with my friends. Well, here goes, hope it's not too boring.

How did you meet your spouse?
We met walking home from school at BYU, a bicycler almost ran Steve over behind me and the noise made me turn around. I said something about how annoying the bicycler's were and turned back around. Steve caught up to me and started talking to me. We asked the typical BYU questions, what's your major, where you from, etc. When Steve said Rexburg I immediately look down to see if he was wearing cowboy boots. He was wearing platforms. He looked really young to me so I tried to see if he had garments on and it looked like he did so I asked him about his mission. We started talking about Rexburg and I was whining that all my friends lived there, he then invited me to go with him and his roommates the next weekend. I wanted to go, but was scared to go with a stranger. Long story short, I ended up going alone with him and fell in love on the way up. Steve was much slower, he didn't fall in love with me until 4 months later.

Where did you go on your first date? well, that is tough, I would say our first real date was to the movie, we saw The Strongest Man on Earth, with Kurt Russell. We got popcorn and the works, I had never had the works so it was pretty cool for me.

Who eats more? Steve eats way more! I probably could out eat him in the treat area in one sitting though.

Who's Taller? Steve

Who sings better? I can read music and Steve can't and he would argue with this, but I think we both have nice voices.

How long have you been together? 33 years

Who said I love you first? Steve in a note. He had drawn a flower and wrote in little kids handwriting that he couldn't get me a flower so he drew me one. He then said he loved me and did I love him? I had one of my roommates drive me over and told him the same day that I loved him.

Who is smarter? Steve definitely, although he would argue with that.

Who does the laundry? I do, Steve says he doesn't know how. I always wonder how his clothes got clean when he was at college....

Who does the dishes? We both do, he cleans off the table and sometimes the counters, I do the rest.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Steve does.

Who pays the bills? Steve, he couldn't handle it if I did it, and I don't want too!!!

Who mows the lawn? Steve

Who cooks dinner? Me, Steve says he doesn't know how to do anything when I am home!

Who drives when you are together? Steve does most of the time around town, I drive most of the time out of town.

Who is more stubborn? I am, I have way more pride, which is no shock to anyone.

Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong? Steve, back to the pride issue. Although, I have greatly improved this year.

Who kissed who first? Steve kissed me.

Who proposed? We lived back in the dinosaur age, so it was definitely Steve at the Provo Temple outside the gate. I hesitated, so he told me I could think about it. I thought about it prayed and fasted about it and said no. He said he couldn't be around me if I wasn't going to marry him, I thought I was going to die. But the next day he came back and said he would wait until I was ready. I say he waited two weeks, he says he waited one week, but anyway, the second time was in the park, I had rollers in my hair. He proposed again, and I said I needed to walk around the park. I realized if I didn't say yes he would never ask me again, so after a twenty min. walk I said yes.

Who is more sensitive? Me! But Steve says he has emotionals now, so who's to say!

Who has more friends? Wow, that depends on the kind of friends you are talking about. Steve is way more friendly than I am, everyone in Rays, the bank, and the Post office knows him.

Who has more siblings? Steve has a 4 and I have 3.

Who wears the pants? We both do, it depends on the issue.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I think I knew pretty much all of that but it was still way fun to read! I love you!!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

That's funny- I did not know about the platforms????? ha! love you-

Emily said...

I didn't know most of that, so it was fun to read. I love that he said I love you in a note, and that he proposed twice. I think you guys are totally perfect together!!

Not quite the Bradys said...

That was fun! I was excited I knew both the story of how you met and getting proposed to with rollers in your hair. : ) I didn't know it was the second try though.

I loved Penelope. So cute. Also, it was a really pretty movie.

Come see my painting on my blog! Talk to you later!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Well, except for the watercolor I did for Rebecca in high school, the whitewater picture in my sidebar, and one or two others I did with my mom just messing around last year, this is my first. I really consider it my first because it is on a real jesso'ed surface and is very large and is going to cost me a lot of money to get framed. : ) All the others have been on paper. I just started doing it for sanity. I used to scrapbook and would still like to but it's too hard to cart all my stuff to someone else's house and if I try to do it at home, I have too many helpers and then the whole sanity thing is a moot point. I go to Kate's every other Friday night and we paint until midnight. I never took classes or anything so it's been a little scary but I'm really excited it turned out so well!

Rebecca said...

That wasn't boring at all. Loved it.

Megan and Greg said...

That was so fun. I canNOT imagine Dad in PLATFORMS!!!! And his emotionals- that made me laugh. I'd forgotten he says that. That was so fun!