Friday, June 22, 2007



Today was a greenhouse day. I had to pull up two tomato plants, boo hoo. I had an overwhelming aphid infestation in one bed. I didn't get to it fast enough. Oh well, live and learn. After the millions of aphids die, I will plant another two plants, I am thinking they will grow and produce before the cold season because everything grows so fast in there. I have lettuce galore and it is tasty.

I also did some frivolous things for my greenhouse. I started painting my table. Steve thinks I am silly of course. It had a beautiful finish on it and looked like it came right out of Pottery barn. I saw one just like it in the catalog. But I wanted mine to look old. Steve thought it was the hippie coming out in me. He had plenty of smirks today. I deserve a few. I will post some more pics when it is done.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Dad just doesn't understand style! Old looking is in! ESPECIALLY in greenhouses. Sorry I missed your call today, after you missed mine...I guess we are just playing phone tag! I'll call you tomorrow. I love you:)

Lizzie said...

Dad I have to agree with MOm on painting the table. Do you know how silly it would look to have a brand-new looking table in her greenhouse? But, Shad is like you and he says I always go back to my "hippie roots" from Oregon (or my Mom).

Danielle said...

Ha ha. When I read Lizzie's comment that reminded me. Just the other day, Clay was telling me (and he has started doing this lately) that I am interesting because I am very conservative in a lot of ways...but DEFINITELY have a liberal side to me. I was completely offended and then he explained he meant I have a definite "hippie" side to me. It's okay though. I am glad I have turned out like you:)

Emily said...

We will never be rid of our hippie roots! Rock on! And I love the color of that table!

the splendid life of us... said...

I really love old beat up looking furniture, and any craft that I make I always make it to look old and antiqued. I love that color, it is my favorite. It will look so beautiful in your greehouse. I can't wait for you to post the finished product.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

cool mom, I really like the color you chose, are you going to sand it off after, or distress it? Even if you don't- I really like it- Well, it looks like all the women have a liberal side to them- actually-all the kids- because Jake is a liberal!!! Mike has often said to me the same kind of things the husbands said to the sisters. "Oh Amy, you and your liberal side." ect.. love you! can't wait to see the table- and what about the goat?

rose said...

sharon! you look great!!! and so good to hear from you. my mom and i don't really talk anymore (long story) but i will tell her hello for you. thanks for the advice on potty training. i know i'm just being impatient.
and aaron doesn't call it "hippie" he calles me "granola" that's the term for hippie in southern california. i guess it's because i recycle...