Thursday, June 28, 2007

Update on the goats

The doe will get to be about 17-19", the wether will be 21" or so. They start baaing as soon as they hear the front door open. It is pretty funny. The boy is still more shy, but we will continue to work on him. I thought I would post Steve's comment about the goats:

I'm glad you like our dwarf goats. They are even cuter in person. The little brown doe (girl) never stops talking. Just like humans. The little boy, patch, hardly ever says a word. Also just like humans, (but with a few notable exeptions). This tiny breed of goat originated in west Africa. Believe it or not, the little brown doe is a dairy goat. If she were ever bred and had a little "kid" she could then be milked. One of these little goats will give up to a half gallon of milk a day. I figure that because I work to provide fish for the dinner table, that Sharon's job can be to milk the goat. Because I was raised on a dairy farm I can "train, instruct, and supervise" Sharon in her milking chores. That should go over really big. Hey my mind is just getting started. I think Sharon can also make some goat cheese. And of course she can shear them in the spring and sew us up some nice goat hair clothes.
Love you all,
Dad

2 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

I thought of a cute name for the girl (but don't feel like you have to use it). "Piper"

Steve just said that she talkes alot and it sounds cute with "Patch".

Sharon/Mom/ Grandma said...

We are seriously considering Pipe! We are going to decide for sure tomorrow!