Saturday, June 30, 2007

Tuna Day



Steve has dreamed of going tuna fishing for several years now. He couldn't go with his first boat because it couldn't hold enough gas. Tuna are ususally out 60 miles. Well he has a lighter weight boat now that gets better gas mileage. He has never gone tuna fishing before though so he was trying to hook up with one of the experts around here. Today was the day. The guy took him out in his boat and taught Steve all the tricks of the trade. As you can see he caught 10 Tuna!!!! They ranged in size from 20-30 pounds. I have my work cut out for me!! I have to go buy a pressure canner, jars, and can and freeze all that tuna. Most people buy 1 or 2 tunas a year. The next challenge will be doing it by himself in his own boat. Pretty exciting!!!

6 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

THat is so cool Dad! WOW. And I heard that fresh tuna is nothing like the store. I can't wait to taste it. I am so happy for you! I can't believe you caught so many! That's incredible. I love you!

Danielle said...

WOW! Look at all that dead fish. Yum...hehe...I can't believe it. How will you eat it all? A lot of tuna noodle casserole? Well, I am happy for you both!

Lizzie said...

Shad would be soooooo jealous. He would have you cut it up right there and make sashimi and sushi with it. He LOVES tuna. What kind is it?

Emily said...

Congrats! That is awesome! I love that picture of him holding the fish with all the boats in the background!

Megan and Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan and Greg said...

Very cool, Dad. By the way, you look really skinny in that picture. Love you and miss you.