Friday, June 29, 2007

Today

Well, today was a good day. Things were slower than I wanted, but what else is new. We made huge progress with Patch today, he came up to the fence and let us pet him and stayed there while we rubbed his little head. The girl goat (we're still working on her name) got a little jealous if that is possible in the animal world. The girl goat jumps so high. It is a little scary, if she had jumped just a few inches higher I think she could clear the fence. If she continues to be that good of a jumper, we will have to put an electric wire around to keep her in. Patch is contented to just climb on their house, chair and stool. Otherwise he just eats. The girl goat climbed on my back with all fours when I was trying to get Patch to come to me. I had to get her off twice!!

We actually do other things besides play with the goats, Steve worked some, I worked some and we watched the best movie tonight, Freedom Writers. It had me in tears a good share of the movie.

Steve is going Tuna fishing tomorrow with a major tuna fisherman. I hope he can catch some and learn the tricks. It is the fishing of all fishing, so I hope it is a good day. We will keep you posted on that. I am sending the camera with him, a scary thing for me!!! Well, I have dishes to do, clothes to wash and sandwiches to make! Fun! Fun! Love you all!!!
mom

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I am excited to meet Patch and the girl goat. They sound so fun. I am glad that you had a good day. I miss you!!! And I love you:)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I LOVED Freedom Writers. Oh I loved it. I hate that the husband was so non supportive though- but wasn't it amazing how she spent her own money, believed in the kids, and it made a difference. I don't understand teachers that don't care about the students and treat them like children. I don't understand it. It's the main reason I want to be a teacher. And it was so sad seeing how others live in this very nation! I'm so grateful for my family, and for where we were raised. I love you!