Sunday, October 7, 2007

Brown Sugar, Quilt, and Lizzie's visit


I have been married 32 years. Over those 32 years I have tried many things to keep brown sugar soft. Key word "keep", I know about apples and bread and etc. to soften it after it gets hard. But I only saw one thing that kept it soft, and that was a clay thing my sister-in-law had and I searched and couldn't find another one. Soooooo I researched on the internet one more time, and I read that if you used a glass jar with a rubber gasket it would keep soft. I looked everywhere, because for our use it needs to be not too tall, but be able to get a measuring cup in it. Guess where I got my the perfect jar???? You guessed it container heaven-The Container Store. It was only 5.49 cents!!! You can't get better than that. I have had my brown sugar in there now for a while and it is still soft and wonderful! Had to share that so you all won't go 32 years. Oh if you want to keep it in the bag sealed w/o air that will work also.

Okay, I am making Miles a nursery, so the pics below are the fabrics for the quilt, and the quilt is the pattern I am using. Will take pics of the whole nursery when I am done.


Lizzie has posted pics from her trip, but remember I am a grandma, so bragging comes with the passage of being a grandma. Below are LOTS of pics of some of the cutest kids in the world, hope I don't bore you to tears. I included a lot of me because Lizzie and Amy are the only ones that take pics of me, (amy does when the kids are around) and it is important that I exist in the halls of history. :-)

Tanner and I on a mission, we were making tunnels and a mountain



Playing with cars in the tunnel

Lizzie took all the pics so here is the only one I could find except the cute ones I took of her and Tanner playing on in the waves that she already posted.

My mom and dad came out on Wednesday so my dad could help Steve with our new vacation rental. My mom knows more songs than anyone in the world, the grand kids love to sing with Nonny.


Me with the kids

Friday Jake's fam and Amy and Mike, and Megan and Greg came out. Lizzie already posted pics of Amy and Meg, so I am just posting Ruby with Tanner and Me!
They loved jumping on the bed, something I dont' think I let my kids do! But you know how it is, grand kids get to do whatever they want at my house!!

We played on the beach, made a tunnel, which they promptly destroyed, and then a mountain we sang around and that they took turns jumping off of.

I love pics like these, it makes you wonder, what were we talking about?


We tried to get a pic of them on top of the mountain together, they acted all shy and wouldn't look at the camera.


Gotta love the Ruby faces

Ruby wanted me to draw around her, so I did, then she wanted to draw around me. As you will see, I am very large, is that because she is little and doesn't know how?,is it because she thinks I am large? or do you think it is because I am important in her eyes? I choose the last!!!


Ruby doesn't weigh much and still likes to be carried, so I do off and on.

There was a dead seal, which I will spare you the pics amy took of it!! Ruby and Tanner were facinated by it, we had a conversation about death, pretty heavy. It made her sad to see it the first time.

On Sunday we made cookies. Tanner and Ruby were so cute and it was fun. Tanner immediately started eating his when he finished decorating his first cookie, decorating was not his first priority. Ruby on the other hand wanted to decorate more cookies before she started eating. Do you think that man loving food gene is already a part of him?





Well, it was a busy, fast, fun weekend. I am adding these two of Tanner and Meg because it looks so serious.



Steve and I had a great week and a half with Lizzie, Tanner and Kate. As we all say so often, I wish we didn't all live so far apart! One last pic, of Tanner's foot, nothing cuter than that!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

SUCH cute pics! I'm so envious. I'm glad you got to spend so much time with them. Thanks for posting so many, I love seeing all these cute little ones. I love you and miss you!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Whew- that foot picture was weird. Depending on how you looked at it- it looked like the foot was a pile of sand- rather than an indention in the sand. Cool picture though. Mom you looked so beautiful in all the pictures! Every single one. Even the serious ones- like when you were looking at the dead seal with Ruby. All the pictures are so cute, I'm so glad you posted them. Ok- Ruby drawing you in the sand- I knew you would analyze this. She was drawing it big the same reason she draws her hand huge when she's tracing her hand. When ever she traces my hand or hers- it is huge. And maybe she wasn't tracing your body- maybe she was drawing a circle around you, so you were inside a circle. It's not because she thinks you're big. That's cool about the brown sugar. How much are the containers that you bought for the sugar, flour etc. Not the one with a spout. I love you!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

I just looked at that picture again. There is no way on earth she was tracing YOU. She was drawing a circle with you in it. There are no curves in that circle WHATSOEVER. Just thought I'd let you know that.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, SO CUTE! I loved all those pictures, and you are such a good grandma! I love that you get all dirty in the sand and play cars in the tunnel. And I think the picture of you and Ruby looking at the seal is priceless...you both have these sad, yet concerned looks on your face and I just think it's the best picture. The one with you, Tanner and Kate in the couch is BEAUTIFUL...that's a framer! I think your family just has way too much fun together, and it's really cool to see. I couldn't feel luckier than I do to know you all!

Megan and Greg said...

loved all the pics. Not boring at all. That is funny, those ones do look serious! All the others were so cute!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh the quilt- very Jake and Lyndsey. Very cool. It looks great!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh and I'm so grateful for the sugar tip. I already have one and my sugar doesn't dry out. I never realized why!

the splendid life of us... said...

What an awsome grandma you are!!! I am very sad that we wont be living by our parents while we have children, that was always my dream for my kids to play and have fun with their grandparents, because I never had that!

Oh and thanks for the jar idea for brown sugar, I use the bread all the time, especially here in Montana where everything dries up so fast. I have some jars kinda like that with the rubber ring around the lid, I will have to move some things around to make it work!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

oh my GOODNESS! You have the most beautiful family! seriously- those pics are so fun. I am so glad that you get to be with your family in that beautiful place :) they have so much fun with you, i can just tell by the pictures!

I just miss you ALL! I'm so glad you all look so well.

Chad and Jessica said...

What a fun time. And your house....awesome...I can't believe you can just walk right out onto the sand, how cool. Looks like the grandkids had a blast. They're so blessed to have such a fun, creative, and happy grandma. Uber fun times!

Chad and Jessica said...

okay, that footprint pic seriously should be in an optical illusion book. My eyes won't let me see it as an indentation, it looks like it's popping out, which I know isn't right. Weird. Your blog is playing tricks on me.

*Stephanie Lance* said...

Oh my goodness!!! You are the CUTEST grandma EVER!!!! i can't believe how big those kids have gotten! its been so long since i have seen them! they are all so adorable! I love that you have a blog! it's so nice to hear about whats happening with the Arnold clan! i miss you all so so much!! it was so good to see you at courts shower! that was so fun!! Anyway...you are just too cute!!!