Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My b-day Oct 29th big 51

Well, this year was way low key compared to last year. I was tired and just wanted to stay home and read, what do you think I was reading????? You guessed it Twilight, Rebecca got it for me and I bought the other two. I started the day early substituting for seminary. I am probably the only person that would look at that as a gift to me. I got lots of wonderful phone calls all morning, went to lunch with a good friend, and read the rest of the day. I was going to go out to dinner, but by the time I got home from lunch I just wanted to sit and read with a blanket on me. It was cold and kind of raining. So Steve went and got shrimp, bread, and Strawberries. It was great. I think we are going into town a week from Friday for my b-day with the valley people.

I will take pics of my presents tomorrow, I got two cute hats from Steve, a cool new blade for my Cuisinart that makes french fries from Lizzie and Shad, and Twilight from Rebecca.

I then proceeded to read until 11:30pm, got up the next morning and continued to finish the first book by about 1:30. I started the next book in the evening. (I had to get some things done) Then today I finished the 2nd book, and will probably start the 3rd book tonight. Now lest you think my life is one big cushy life, I chose to do nothing for the last 3 days (at least most of the last 3 days) to read. I decided I needed some time off, my life has been nonstop crazy since July. I feel like I did when I was a young mother and would sit on the couch for 3 days and do as little as possible and read. The kids would destroy the house and I didn't care. It was worth it. I had to feed them and change diapers of course, but I think that is all I did. At the end of 3 days, I would have finished my book and was ready to go for the next 6 weeks. I still read, but not non-stop. You can tell that I don't have little kids to interrupt me now, since it took me 3 days back then to finish a book versus one day now!! There has to be some perks after all those years of diapers, sleepless nights,cleaning up vomit in the middle of the night several times, never sleeping in until Danielle graduated and went away to college, and etc. I loved those years though and would never trade them for anything. I tell my daughters, enjoy the years with the celestial people in them. Once they turn 8 and get baptized the world changes!!

Well, I need to study my weight watchers topic for tomorrow and start the third book! :-)

3 comments:

Lizzie said...

Yea! I finally got to hear about your b-day. I am sooo glad that you took time off to read, you deserve it.

Danielle said...

I'm excited to see pictures- you forgot to mention your favorite present- HO!HO!HO! blocks! From me? Hellooooooooooooo??? Just kidding, it's okay. Anyway, I already heard about all this but I still enjoyed reading it! I love you!!!!! and miss you! You are coming soon- you need to let me know when and how long and all that stuff.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!!
I think it's weird that after knowing you my whole life I never knew when your birthday was...weird. I hope you had a great day and I'm SO GLAD you're reading Twilight!

Your garage looks SO NICE! I bet it was a lot of hard work, but I bet you felt SO good when you were done!

By the way, you look more like 35...not 51.