Saturday, October 6, 2007

Conference

How humbled I feel this day. I love conference, we have such a loving Heavenly Father and an amazing Older Brother the Savior. I feel so grateful for his desire for us to be happy. I feel grateful to know he cares about us individually, that he caters things just for us. I hope you were all listening thus far, if not read the talks. I was impressed with several thoughts throughout the conference concerning my situation right now. I am hopeful that I can make this time in my life work also. I realized that anything that is important to us has to be a priority and therefore means sacrifice. No wonderful thing comes without sacrifice. When my children were young and on into their teenage years, I realized that during their young years and later when they were home for the summer, if I wanted personal time I had to get up early. I realized today that it is no different. I need to go to bed earlier and get up earlier when my children and grandchildren come, or when I am visiting them so I can have my personal time with the Lord. This summer has been hard, because I have not thought about that, and been willing to sacrifice. Just like I make it a priority to exercise, I need to make it a priority to get up early and study my scriptures and write in my journal when my family is gathered around me. I have thought many times as my family leaves or I come home from a visit, that so many precious thoughts and feelings were not recorded, and as we all know those thoughts and memories are often lost. How grateful I am for conference and this blog. I know that sounds silly, but writing opens or minds and helps us to sort out our feelings. How grateful I am to Lizzie for starting our family in this direction, and how grateful I am for those of you outside of our blood family (Emily and others) for commenting and making me feel loved.

I got my hair cut yesterday and my color done again. How I will miss Megan in that department when she leaves. She helps me to be hip and cute.

It was so fun to see golden friends yesterday at Courtenays Open house. It was so fun to see Aaron and Joe. I was reminded as I am at those times how wonderful good friends are. The relationship always stays even though we can't see each other often. Life is good.

Well, I am off to the upstairs to exercise, got to keep this body as young as possible!!!

1 comment:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Enjoyed the blog. I know- aren't you so glad we are blogging? And you know we can pay to have these made into real books right? color, hard cover and all? Talk about easy geneology and history, journal etc. And talk about awesome for all our ancestors to read! I would love it if Granmda grace had a blog book that was printed out- that i coudl read. She would seem like more of a human being if I coudl read some real stories you know? Or Judy or anyone- how fun would that be so read fun, silly, spiritual experiences of the people you love the most! The internet has so much filth, but it also has so much good. I'm glad you enjoyed conference. I slept through most of it. BUT- the internet has it- so you can watch it whenever you want. It's really cool. You know, I think it would be hard to be in your position of no kids, and many grandkids. I mean- this summer you never had a break- it was non stop visiting, or hosting or entertaining, etc. ExHUASTING! And it's hard to take the time to do things liek read scrips when you only get to see Lizzie for a little bit. And the whole sanity part. You'll figure it out. Unfortunately soon we will all probably live somewhere else- so atleast you'll be able to plan your trips when you want to take them, since we'll be poor. I'm so glad that Dad has provided in such a way that you don't have to work. The other day I went to Wal-mart and an old lady in my ward, was the checker- and I asked her when she got off work- and she said she started at 11 am, and gets off at midnight. I thought to myself- this poor lady, spends most of her life in walmart- and comes home at midnight?! I'm so grateful you don't have to do that. That it is isn't even a concern to you whatsoever. I am so glad for that. I love you.