Monday, October 22, 2007

Home and Blogging again


Well it is always good to be home. Today was one of those rare wonderful, no wind days. Steve and I took a walk on the beach for about an hour, it was wonderful. It was one of those days when we were in the house I had a hard time looking at Steve while he was talking.

It was a very busy wonderful time at Jakes. Ruby and I rode horses morning, noon and night time. I never knew 2 people could ride horses so long and to Africa and back so many times, nor did I ever dream we would run into Willy Wonka so many times. Our ride would start at about 6:30-7:00 am and continue until about 8:30 to 9:00am. I am not kidding. My horse was a very old one, it was made of gold velour and shaped very much like a stuffed rocking chair, it was very fast though, I won several gold medals. Ruby's was a very cute stuffed horse that rocked on wooden rails. Her's was also very fast, she also won many gold medals. The first day we rode we thought we were being very quiet, so as to not wake up everyone else. I forgot because of the way Jakes house is arranged that the horse room was above Jake and Lyndsey's room. Lyndsey managed to sleep through the first ride, but Jake said we shook the whole house. He said it was really funny. So for the next few days we didn't ride quite so vigoursly.

I cooked, cleaned and played. By 9:00pm every night I felt like I was going to fall right to sleep.

Miles is doing well, he is just so small and sleepy that it is hard for him to finish a feeding. So they are working on ways to get more food into him so he can get stronger. He is a very calm, noncomplaing person. I am axious to get to know him better. I feel like I already do know him, hmmm, maybe cause we already have known each other ! Anyway I am anxious to get reacquainted.

Jake and Lyndsey looked tired most of the time. The plight of newborn parents.

I got home on Friday early evening. We watched Batman Begins. I am not a Batman or Spiderman or any ____man fan usually, but I enjoyed it.

Saturday I tried to be totally lazy and do nothing. But when you have been gone for a week it is hard to do nothing.

Today I got the recycling all gathered up, smashed boxes and filled the back of my van, the back of my van w/o seats!!! Tomorrow we are going to clean the garage!!!! I am so excited. Our goal is to be able to put both cars in by evening. We shall see!! We decided we will have to start very early!

Well, a little treat here in the end, little Miles and Ruby the day I left, he was two weeks old.


Now is this too beautiful or what?


Nothing quite as sweet as this.

For my children, after you quit looking at Miles, check out my nails, they are mine. I wasn't even trying to stop biting them, it is weird!!

10 comments:

Danielle said...

I love you soooo much! And I miss you too. I just hope you know that your comments on my blog made my day. I needed that.

WELL- for your blog- CUTE pics! And pretty ocean. I miss it. Ruby was so cute. I know how small she is, which really puts in the perspective for how small Miles is! He is so cute. Your nails looked pretty as did Ruby's!!! I loved your story about the horses, even though I've already heard it once. It is so cute. You are such a good grandma. AND such a good mother.

I love you soooooooo much and am so excited for thanksgiving!

Oh yeah, good luck on the garage. The goal sounds familiar....hmmmm...hope this time it works! I'm sure it will. I agree, you will have to get up E-A-R-L-Y!

PS- I'll play the Amy card you were talking about- IF I were to make you HO HO HO blocks...would you prefer certain colors? Red and white? Similar to the sign I made except blocks? Let me know:) This is all hypothetical of course.

Danielle said...

Oh- also- If I were to do blocks, would you prefer exclamation points after each Ho? (HO!HO!HO! or HO HO HO...or...??)

Ben & Diane said...

oh my goodness! what a dainty and precious and Beautiful baby. mine were that little and I miss those days. what a lucky grandma you are.

Ben & Diane said...

oh yeah......Ruby is REALLY cute too

Emily said...

Those are great pictures...he is such a sweet little baby. I love it when they are wrapped up all tight like that. Oh my gosh, I just can't express my love and appreciation enough for grandmas who come and help after a baby is born. Seriously, I get teary just thinking about it. You grandmas are amazing!

the splendid life of us... said...

Miles is so beautiful! It gets me all excited! I LOVE the picture of you holding him, it looks like it will always be a very special picture! My parents are coming for Christmas and to see the baby right after he is born and I cant wait!

I love your description of your fun adventures with Ruby!

Megan and Greg said...

Miles is so cute! I loved the pictures, thank you. And your nails look lovely. Your excitement to clean the garage leaves me speechless. I'm not sure I'd be so excited. But I am also excited for the result. Be good to yourself and rest awhile. Remember to stop and do things that you just WANT to do (not have to do). I love you Mom.

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Those are so cute- thanks for posting. I love you.

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

first of all, Ruby is so lucky to have such a FUN GRANDMA!!! seriously thats so wonderful! and miles is just TOO precious!! I just want to grab him out of those pictures and hold him!

Lizzie said...

Does Ruby have a french manicure in these pictures? = ) All the pictures look so cute and I loved the horse riding stories. Is your garage done yet?