Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Great Day!

Yesterday started out as one of those amazing days. Then I got distracted and spent all day trying to clean up a mess instead of doing what I really wanted to do. I felt the Spirit tell me to go out to my greenhouse, but I thought I had to clean up the mess I had made. When we cleaned the garage, some things came into the house. They had finally made me crazy so I started to put them away. Well the only way to do that was to displace some other things. Before I knew it I had stuff all over the table and counters. The more I tried to figure things out the more upset I became. Finally I just took a lot of it up to Danielle's old room and stuffed it. I then went into my room and ate all the weight watcher treats I could find. I was so disgusted with myself and was very discouraged as I went to bed. I had spent Saturday morning making the perfect schedule (scary I know) I got up at 6am like I planned, exercised, ate, and then read my scriptures. I had a great scripture study time. I was a little behind, but trying not to focus on time and just the order of things to do. Well, thats when it all started to go bad.

So this morning I woke up at 6 still discouraged, exercised, ate breakfast, started laundry. I then went in to read my scriptures. After 2 chapters for the SS lesson, I was still not feeling good. So I stared at my scriptures and heard in my mind something our SS teacher said about doing this worksheet she had prepared. I thought well, I will do that, I recognized it was the spirit bringing to my remembrance what she said. I took the worksheet and started doing it. Before I knew it tears were running down my cheeks and I felt so close to the Saviour and so grateful for everything. That of course made me feel so loved by my Father in Heaven and the Saviour.

I felt the spirit say about half way through the sheet, to stop and go start on the rest of my day. I got up and worked on my list and got a little distracted, but mostly listened to the spirit. I found a way to store my tuna jars, empty and full, that had become a growing nightmare. I actually made some boxes for the empty jars that had no box and then it became clear to me how to rotate the empty ones and full ones. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I know the spirit was guiding me. I then went out to my greenhouse came in after a little while, ate lunch, then worked on my church calling. I then took my shower, made a dish for our Weight Watcher potluck, and went to the potluck. I feel so good inside now. I know I did what the spirit wanted me to. I think the key is to have a plan, but let the spirit tell me what is most important on that list. I think I will always do the first three things on my list, exercise, eat with Steve, and then read my scriptures. After that I think it will vary. I have been reminded that you have to take breaks and do some things just for recreations sake. During lunch I watched part of a Gilmore s DVD and felt really good about that. I have really been affected by Elder Oaks talk on Good, Better, Best. Yesterday I didn't even do the good stuff by evening. Tonight when I got home, I thought about getting out my church stuff again( I have to train a new Primary Counselor on Scouting this weekend, I knew nothing about scouting) but I felt the spirit say no. Interesting huh? I think I am just supposed to free my mind and relax. I think I will read Les Mis.

Anyway it was also gorgeous outside today, the ocean was so flat Steve and I felt like we could have taken a canoe out on the beach and rowed out to sea. I studied my church stuff on the deck, it was nice!

Well, that was my great day!

3 comments:

AMY AND MIKEY said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. I love you and I'm excited to see you!-

Danielle said...

MAN-don't you just LOVE those days? I wish everyday was like that. You do a very good job of listening to the spirit. I love you and miss you! Let me know what you guys decided on coming to visit.

Lizzie said...

Your day sounds amazing. I feel like I have moments like that where I am on a spiritual high, grateful for EVERYTHING ad so happy, but not entire days. I'm so happy for you. Good point about the schedule thing. Have those must-dos first, and then let the spirit guide you. That's balance.