Friday, November 2, 2007

Pics of b-day presents and thoughts on the Vampires

Today was a frustrating day, it didn't start with prayer and scripture study so I got nothing done, except one load of dishes in the dishwasher, and one Vacation Rental hooked up to the wireless internet and my blog. AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggg! I have no one to blame but myself!

I'm not decorating for Christmas yet, these are the cute blocks Daneille made for me that I forgot to mention. Aren't they cute!! Well, these are my b-day presents so far. Steve got me two hats. Before we started dating I had a really cute green hat, winter dress kind. I had a coat to match. Steve loved my hat. I also wore a staw old fashioned hat my senior year to church and a few other places. After we were married he talked me into to buying one that matched a blue coat I had, it was also a dress felt hat. I got lots of compliments in it. Then I became obese, and I didn't feel comfortable in hats. Probably because it drew attention to me. Steve has always like me in hats so he surprised me with two for my b-day. I am not as brave as I used to be, but I have worn the first hat twice now, once to weight watchers and to the bank. I am trying to get braver. It's silly I do like them. Anyway here they are!


Steves favorite veiw of this hat

Lizzie got me a french fry blade for my cuisenart!! I am so excited to use it

And then last but not least, Rebecca got me Twilight, I didn't take a very good pic of it, but most of you know what it looks like
So if you haven't read all three books you might want to stop reading here, I spent all week in my room with little exception, with the Vampires and the Werewolves. I thought they were entertaining but I wouldn't put them in the category of Harry Potter or true great literature. I think she has the potential if she gets more experience and wants to write long term literature. I hope she does, she has a good imagination, is good with suspense, and paints a good picture If you can write a book that is as sensual as this and keep it clean it will reach a large audience, but to truly be a book that will "stand the test of time" as Rosalie say's about Tad Hamilton you have to make people think about their own life and who they are or make them want to change who they are, or teach them why others are the way they are. Those kind of books are around 100 years or more. I hope I don't sound snooty. :-)

I have to say, Bella might be realistic, but I was never that selfish when I was her age. The only reason I believe she might truly love Edward is because Daneille and I got married at 18. But from my past vampire obsession, I have thought about this a lot (it's okay you can laugh at me) and I have decided maybe she truly loves Edward, because of the time they were apart she still loved him or wanted to be with him. In my past Vampire experiences, vampires had the ability to make anyone love them. sooooo I wondered whether she really loved him or if she was just under his spell. But when a vampire left his victim or the person he was wooing to become a victim, if they could get the person away from the vampire they would snap out of it-Bella didn't snap out of it. I just find it weird that if she truly loved Edward that she wouldn't love Jacob. And if she truly loved Edward, she wouldn't put Jacob first so many times and hurt Edward so much. She neeeeedddddds Edward, and loves Jacob. Her love for Jacob seems healthier.

Now lest you think I don't think Bella and Edward should be married, I love Edward soooo much that I would cry if they didn't get married, I just don't think she deserves him. I know some of you would say, but he is so much older that is why he is so mature. That is true, but when you truly love someone you will let go of your past for them. I think Edward loves her more than anything else on the earth. I think he loves her, not just her blood or whatever. I think he was intrigued by her because of her scent, but then grew to love her. I love how he wants her to have a normal life, that he would sacrifice his happiness for her no matter what the cost. When he went to Italy I truly was dieing. I knew there was no way they could kill him, but I have to admit, my heart was racing.

I will say, I was entertained, but I thought some of the dialog between Bella and Edward got a little annoying. I wanted to yell at Bella. And I did actually several times in the second and third book. Rebecca said she was Bella , I love Rebecca way more than Bella.

I loved Jacob also and I thought some of the best writing was the last chapter of Book three. I couldn't stop thinking about Jacob. He might not have always played fair, but he truly loved Bella.

It was fun to see the difference in her way of presenting some of the folklore as myths, and the other Vampire things I have seen. (Mostly "Dark Shadows") I would kind of like to watch them or a few episodes to see some of the comparisons.

I loved Alice, and Angela. They were so loving and kind. I loved Alice's personality. I thought Emmet and Jasper were cool also. I had a hard time with Rosalie. I liked her better after she told her story.

I did think Stephanie Meyer did do a good job making you really think about whether Bella should become a Vampire. Being a mother it was hard for me to think about her never having children. I thought it was cool how the Vampires made such good use of their time, and I loved Carlise and his wife. I thought it was a good example of how we always have choice.

I did get tired of Bella trying to get Edward to have sex with her. I hope I don't sound too negative. I did enjoy the books. I will probably read on!

So theres my take on the books.

7 comments:

Danielle said...

haha, You left me laughing at the end. WELL- I agree with some of your thoughts. The thing is, I thought it was helarious how Bella wanted to have sex with Edward so bad. I actually loved those situations and thought they were so funny. I think it is realistic for Bella's upbringing and I really loved Edwards reactions, of trying to save her virtue. Lets see.....I think that Jacob does really love Bella, but he didn't imprint on her, meaning he could imprint on someone else, and end up leaving her. Edward will NEVER leave her again. I was aching for Jacob though as well. The poor guy. I am so excited for the next book! I'm sorry you didn't like them as much. Well, I'm sure we'll talk about this more. OH YEAH- the hats are WAY CUTE! I totally want some. You are such a cutie. I love you!!!!

Jenni.Woodmansee said...

wow wow wow you look so great in those hats!!! I'm serious! so serious! I totally know what you mean that getting used to being comfortable in hats is tricky, but i promise- they look wonderful!!!

happy birthday!
I'm so glad you had a great birthday!!!

AMY AND MIKEY said...

All this talk of the books and secrets. I can't read any of it and it's killing me, yoju know how I want to knwo everything!- well- the hats look so cute. I couldn't wait for you to open them and i wanted to say something before you opened them like "I can't wait fo ryou to open dad's gift," but I didn't want to ruin it- soo i acted like I didnt' care- but I was so excited- I love them so much. ofcourse i tried them on- and i love thema nd want to get one. I love teh pink one. I thought it was really cute of dad to get you those, and i think they are so so so cute! anyway- the blocks are so cute that danielle gave you. it will go perfect with all your santas! i love you and miss you- good job on teh garage, even though I already saw it. my heart stopped for a moment when i read "we took a whole load to st vinnies...." BUT- it's probably, maybe, possible good that you did that because otherwise I woudl ahve had a million projects to do with whatever stuff I got from you. I love you!-

Emily said...

You totally scored with the birthday gifts! Those hats are too cute! I love the blocks Danielle made, I think I want to learn to make them! And twilight...oh twilight! New Moon was my favorite of the books so far. I agree with a lot of your thoughts too..like how her love for Jacob is healthier, but that I still think she and Edward have to end up together. But Jacob better imprint on someone that I approve of!

Megan and Greg said...

OH my gosh!!!! I read this post a little late! You have hats!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! I am the same way! I LOVE HATS!!! But I have boughten too many to count and never worn them. But I'm starting to! I have no problem wearing beanies and I have one that's 1/2 beany 1/2 hat and I wear that all the time. The one that truly is a hat, I've worn on occasion. I'm excited for you and your hats!!! Dad has good taste!

Not quite the Bradys said...

Ok. Now you have to come to my blog and vote. I have a poll going right now- Edward or Jacob? It's been fascinating trying to guess who picked whom. As far as your thoughts, I agree with a lot of them. I didn't find Bella nearly so annoying as almost everyone else I know did- maybe I relate to her a little too well. My mother says she thinks the books are literary junk food. Enjoyable, but not substantive. Perhaps. The thing I love best about them is the ongoing theme of taking what you've been given and making the most you can of it; rising above yourself to be the best version of you. All the characters (except Bella) do this to some degree. Bella is not trying to be any version of herself. In fact, I think she stopped being herself the moment the decided she loved Edward. She is choosing to play a different hand than the one she's been dealt and it worries me. I foresee tragedy in her future.
Love- Amy

sundar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.