Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanks!!

Well, after reading every ones opinions and talking to Steve, I think I will wait till after Christmas, look around and pick something that really jumps out and grabs me. Two things that people said grabbed me, Emily said trust my gut, Amy reminded me I have spent more on a suit than the total price of the dishes. I probably shouldn't admit that, but it made me think. So I'll probably focus on Christmas and all the things I need to do and start looking after Christmas.

Tomorrow I am doing the craziest thing. I am getting up early and driving to Portland to meet up with a Terese Engstrom to watch a very famous Tennis Match,the Davis Cup. Now for those of you that know me well, know I don't know anything about tennis and the 200.00 ticket (for me free) is being totally wasted. But Terese wanted company and I haven't seen her in over a year. So its time, life is short, she said we could talk all day. So I guess you don't have to be totally silent at one of those things. I'll let you know. Tomorrow night if its not to late I'll start name dropping!! HA, HA! It's good to have new experiences! I'm laughing.

I'm hoping to find an artificial tree on the way up or back. This Bred and born Oregonian is finally getting a fake tree. I guess turning 51 means I am either getting old, or just tired of fighting with my husband about the Christmas tree every year. Seeing Rebeccas and how pretty it was made me think it was time, also, I don't like to admit it, but seeing my brothers last year made me think it wouldn't be such a betrayal to my heritage. I'm laughing , but I'm half serious. Well, morning is going to come way too early so I better hit the hay. One other thing, I ordered some really beautiful garlands and a wreath from Costco, and one of the garlands and the wreath showed up today, just 3 days after I ordered it!!! But the catch is I ordered 4 garlands, only one showed up! I hope the others come tomorrow. They are really beautiful, Steve said he liked the old ones better!! My daughters would tell you that is crazy! I'll take and blog pics when they all get here! Love you all!

4 comments:

Grandma, Nonnie said...

Good for you I think that is a splendid idea, you'll think much better after Christmas, that is enough to think of now. As for knowing when we will come to the coast I really need to discuss it with Dad. We have to think of the little kitty, although Travis next door would probably take care of him. Also could you bring the vampire books when we go to the Temple, Megan was reading one and it looked pretty good. I think I will take my jeans and tennis shoes so I will be warm and comfortable. I don't think it is going to warm up much for awhile. I love you take good care of you Mom

Danielle said...

I can't wait to see pictures! I was thinking...isn't it actually anti-oregonian to have natural christmas trees? I mean, cutting all those trees down so we can hang bulbs on them and then throw them away?!?!! HOW AWFUL! It seems like that is what they'd think. I dont know. I love you!

Emily said...

I think it's awesome that you are going to watch Tennis! I know you're really going to see Terese, but any excuse is good to see a friend, right? I think you'll have a great time.

We have a fake tree too and it is absolutely killing me. I mean, when I'm 51 I'll be fine with it, but now? So sad.

Lizzie said...

I'm really glad that you are waiting on the dishes. I checked out World Market today and they had high quality porcelen dishes that were really pretty and affordably priced. I cannot spell today...good luck deciphering my comment.

Hope you enjoyed the tennis. = )

Danielle's comment is sooo true?? Why do all of us Oregonians think we have to have real trees? = ) I do miss the smell though. If they were more affordable here I would get a real one.