Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm Back" b-day pics, Thanksgiving, Enchanted

I was at Rebecca's and am finally blogging again. We left last Monday and came home last night. I helped Rebecca do a blog, so you need to check hers out.

I have much catching up to do, sooo I will probably blog many pics. I don't think I will let myself go this long w/o blogging, I miss too much and it makes for a very long blog!

A few weeks ago Jake and I were talking and he read this book on how people at a young age learn to where "masks" and in the process learn to hide their emotions. We need these facial expressions that are dramatic to do something in our brain. I can't remember what it did, but it was important. So they have these exercises you can do to open up these passages in your brain. After looking at these pics I don't think Amy or I need to do the exercises!


























































Sweet little Miles! He is about 1 month old here. (Jake's son)

Amy made these spring napkins for me aren't they pretty?! I love to use cloth napkins on a daily basis, I needed some spring ones.

Steve and baby Miles!

Me and Ruby and baby Miles!

Amy made these burp cloths for Lyndsey. I didn't know they made such "hip" flannel. I think it has been too long since I cased out the flannel!

Cute Ruby

Well, we got to the Leslie's and we had soooo much fun. The first day, Rebecca and I went to Danielle's to pick her up. Her apt is so cute! I love all her hand made things. We then went out to lunch at this cute place, had fresh squeezed lemonade, sandwiches, cinnamon and cheese pretzels, and Florence chocolates. Which I didn't appreciate enough! I ate them too quickly. We then went back to Firth, picked up the s from school and went home to play!
One of the things I did was their nails. Danielle reminded me that, that was one of her favorite things I did at Christmas for her. I did a Rudolf , a Christmas Tree, a Snowman, a star, and a sleigh on Anna's. On Aliese's, I did holly and a poinsettia. I did both hands of course. I only did
Christmas trees on my ring fingers.

On Wednesday we started Thanksgiving dinner. We spent a good share of the day making treats. You can tell what is important to us!!
Here's beautiful Danielle making apple pie.

It turned out gorgeous! Rebecca kept saying it looked like Martha Stewart
Gracie was very helpful!!!

Aliese was right in there helping in her apron. She pointed out that I didn't have one on. I usually do.

Beautiful Rebecca, she planned everything we just did what we were told! I am very good at that! :-)

Wednesday about 10:00 pm I asked Rebecca where the pan was that she was cooking the turkey in. Sadly had forgotten about that. So in the car Rebecca, Danielle and I went to Walmart. What would we do w/o walmart!? While we were there, we fell in love with these pajamas and decided it would be fun to have matching pj's. Aren't we cute?!!!!!

Yea it's finally here!! Thanksgiving Day. The you don't recognize is Darin's sister. She was with us because her parents are on a mission. This is the view w/o me, the next is w/ me!


This was the food table. It is strange, we cooked like crazy and this doesn't look like much food. But it is I promise! Here are the desserts, I think we had as many desserts as we had main dishes and side dishes! hmmmm..... what is that all about?

After dinner time.


After dinner Clay and Darin played computer games together

Then we decorated the Christmas Tree.




I love this pic!!

I think they were excited, what do you think?

We're getting tired!

We wore Clay out!

If you are wondering where Steve is, he was very much there. He lived in Rebecca's basemant making her a cold strorage room. He worked long hours and the finished product was awesome!! I feel really badly that I didn't get a pic of it and him. The rest of the time he was watching TV, (not much though) and I didn't think to go down and take a pic! Shame on me!
The last day we were there we went to Enchanted. It was really fun, I reccomend it highly.
We had a great Thanksgiving, hope yours was great also!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

I love all the pictures! I had SO MUCH FUN with you this trip and I love you so much! I'm glad to know you're home and safe:)

AMY AND MIKEY said...

the pics are so cute! thanks for blogging!

Our Pratt Pack said...

Baby Miles is an absolute doll! And I loved the matching jammies!!

Chad and Jessica said...

What great pictures, you're so good at capturing great moments. And those pictures at the top, so hilarious! I am the same, but probably even more so with my facial expressions, I can't hide my emotions worth beans, they always show up on my face. Your granddaughters are beautiful....and Rebecca's kitchen looks awesome. (I love great kitchens) Glad your holidays were awesome. : )

Emily said...

Cute pictures! I love the ones from your birthday...I always picture you girls laughing, so those were awesome. And your Thanksgiving looked SO good! Danielle's pie was awesome and the pjs were a great idea!

So much fun!

the splendid life of us... said...

You are too cute in your hat! Miles is a gorgeous baby! And I love all the pics from your fun family Thanksgiving! Especially the matching PJs!

Megan and Greg said...

Thanks for sharing.